• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Symantec Endpoint Protection Version 14 build 2415 - Pop Ups for applications that haven't changed!

First off, I can't find a Forum for Symantec Endpoint Protection under any version but here we go!

I have installed several Un-Managed versions of Symantec Endpoint Protection Version 14 (14.0 MP2) built 2415 (14.0.2415.0200)
Installing on Windows 10 x64 and Windows 7x64 workstations and Tablets.

ISSUE:  Every day no matter what, Symantec Pops up bugging my Boss, my users, my disabled clients, about applications that have changed since the last time you used it.  And my users if I am not babysitting them all day, will click NO to "Do you Want to allow it to access the network?" no matter how many times I tell them, oh yeah, every time that comes up like 54 times a day, just click yes so you can keep working, becaause if you click NO,  you will have close off your application to be able to work on the network - forcing me to have to login as admin and re-enable that application.  - Great idea Symantec.

Here is the real Beef, I sat on these deployments for months when I noticed it was repeatedly asking me the same questions on the same apps that I said YES to as Local Admin - and waited every day for it ask me about every single application I use or don't use to tell it YES, AND - my users have no admin rights and I know that no applications can or have  changed. And of course I told all 300+ applications YES so this would not be a problem, well thanks to this crappy design / idea, they keep coming back no matter what, and on pertinent and non-pertinent applications that have not, and cannot change.  

So how can I keep using this product for its AV, if my users keep getting these questions popping up all the time, and sometimes it is very random and not even an application they have used in the last 30 days, I can't keep using this and I am going to have to uninstall and use AVAST or something because I can't find out where to control this in the Un-managed client, I use manged clients for those in my domain networks, but these are workgroup mobile deployments that need the un-managed version.

Please help me patch these systems, this is killing us, we are a non profit company that helps disabled people use computers for finding new employment opportunities, and Symantec is kicking them in the TEETH! Daily!!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Symantec Endpoint Protection Version 14 build 2415 - Pop Ups for applications that haven't changed!

Here is a screenshot of this DEVIL

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

Re: Symantec Endpoint Protection Version 14 build 2415 - Pop Ups for applications that haven't changed!

Hello Arc

Welcome to the Norton Community Forum.

You need to  post in the Symantec Connect Forum. I think they call it a Blog now.  This is for Businesses. Where you have posted now is for Home Users. Please see

https://www.symantec.com/connect/security/forums/endpoint-protection-antivirus

Have a Nice Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

We are a business, we have licenses for business managed and unmanaged.

Kudos0

Use the link that floplot posted. That will get you to the Symantec forums. Norton users have no experience with Symantec products.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.