• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

SYMEFA.sys | ANY FIX FOR THIS BSOD ERROR?? | 000000050

Hi,  I have a customers laptop with this problem on, I have looked at the link below which hasnt lead me to a result yet. Is there a fix for this BSOD error?  Im totally unable to boot in to OS unless im in safe mode.

The laptop is this Toshiba Equium A60

Link for SYMEFA.sys

Any help would be greatful.

Many thanks

Adam

Replies

Kudos0

Re: SYMEFA.sys | ANY FIX FOR THIS BSOD ERROR?? | 000000050

Can you tell us the operating system and service packs?  Have you been able to run any antivirus scans in safe mode?
Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain
Kudos0

delphinium wrote:
Can you tell us the operating system and service packs?  Have you been able to run any antivirus scans in safe mode?

Please also share with us the version of Norton installed

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Kudos0

Geeksy -

Sorry for your customer's trouble.  Can you tell me what version of ConfigFree is running on this laptop?  Also is there any non-MS or Toshiba software installed?  Possibly a third party VPN on there?  Thanks for the patience; I've used Toshiba laptops for years and think that this can definitely be solved.

Win10 x64; Proud graduate of GeeksToGo
Kudos0

Thanks for the replys,

The OS is XP Home with SP3 installed

It has Norton Internet Security Vir: 16.5.0.135 , Im unable to load this in safemode, so i cant run a Virus scan.

Im unable to find the ConfigFREE software on the laptop. And as far as i can see theres no VPN installed. There is non-MS/Toshiba software installed but nothing has been installed for a while.

Many thanks

Adam

Kudos0

If you have the installation CD, you can boot from the CD and run the Norton Recovery Tool directly.  If you don't have the installation CD you can download the tool from this LINK .  Directions for the creation and use of the tool can be found at that link also.
Win10 x64; Proud graduate of GeeksToGo
Kudos0

Will try this in the morning and report back on the issue.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.