• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Is there a Best Browser suggestion a for fresh Norton 360 Premium and initial Identity Safe set up?

Is there a Best Browser suggestion a for fresh Norton 360 Premium and initial Identity Safe set up? 

Many Chrome Browser issues recently reported here. IE 11 has a serious security fix not resolved. Any suggestions would be great.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Is there a Best Browser suggestion a for fresh Norton 360 Premium and initial Identity Safe set up?

Many Chrome Browser issues recently reported here. IE 11 has a serious security fix not resolved. Any suggestions would be great.

Kudos0

Re: Is there a Best Browser suggestion a for fresh Norton 360 Premium and initial Identity Safe set up?

The browser choice does not affect the setup of your Identity Safe vault. There may be some issues, as you have read here, with all browsers once you get set up.

The best advice is to use the browser you are most comfortable with, or try them one at a time until you decide for yourself. Any issues with using the vault would only be for a small portion of the time you use your browser.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am mostly interested in the browser security vulnerabilities affecting the integrity - security of the Identity Safe product. Is Identity Safe shielded from their vulnerabilities? Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Kudos1 Stats

Hi,Eqialize. Identity Safe whether used as a stand alone product or in your Toolbar as part of 360 is supported by Norton, so yes you are protected.

IE 11 has been problematic for some users, as there have been compatibility problems for some.

I reverted to IE 10 because of that, and it works fine.

I use Firefox, which I have no problems with, and out of the box v 30 looks like Chrome.

However, if you prefer the old Firefox look you can use the Classic Theme Restorer extension, which will enable you to have you Firefox looking the same as the previous version. I hope that helps.

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Latest Version
Kudos0

Thanks for your advice. I have used Identity Safe for several years with Internet Explorer (even IE 11) with no problems. After the report of the IE security flaws I considered using Chrome for the first time on a fresh install but if the browser itself as nothing to do with Identity Safe security I will stick with IE 11. One not related comment regarding an alt. browser I like the best when watching or streaming video ( I watch the NHL all season using NHL Game Center ) I really like the Opera browser for that purpose. Thank you for all of your help and have a great 4th of July. John M. aka Equalize

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.