• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Unable to load the NIS .dat file from my 2015 Norton account to 2018 acct.

Please explain how to import the old  2015 Norton NIS .dat file to my 2018 NIS acct. I have Windows 8.1 and use Google Chrome most of the time.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Unable to load the NIS .dat file from my 2015 Norton account to 2018 acct.

Is this .dat file from a local vault? Have you tried importing already? What error messages do you see?

Norton changed the format of the .dat files for ID Safe backups around 2015 or so. The old files cannot be imported into newer versions of ID Safe. 

Have you not been making any backups since 2015?

If you have been using a cloud vault, you may have newer backups already on your computer. Check your Documents folder for a folder called Norton Identity Safe Backups. In there would be a folder named for your email address. That folder would have newer backups than what were done in 2015.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Re: Unable to load the NIS .dat file from my 2015 Norton account to 2018 acct.

Hello June this article explains the process. When you import select the location of the 2015 .dat file you want to import, follow the remaining instructions.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.356 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.8.65 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.