• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Update on 04/07/10

Whatever update was done last night has produced some strange results.  The PM notification in the upper right hand corner is wacked out now and what is the "Invisible" tag on the users shown here?

Win10 x64; Proud graduate of GeeksToGo

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Update on 04/07/10

Whatever update was done last night has produced some strange results.  The PM notification in the upper right hand corner is wacked out now and what is the "Invisible" tag on the users shown here?

Win10 x64; Proud graduate of GeeksToGo
Kudos0

Hey dbrisendine,

You're not alone - I already notified moderator shannons of this issue, as I am experiencing it over here, too, and shannons said they'd look into it. Not only can I see the PM envelope and the Invisible notification all the time, sent PMs which have been read by the recipient are remaining in bold font...Just check your Sent Messages folder.

Your Norton Ladybug.
Kudos0

The "invisible" tag has been happening for a few days.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

I think Harry Potter and his Invisibility Cloak are in the forum...

Your Norton Ladybug.
Kudos0

We are aware of this issue and should have a resolution shortly!

Thanks!

Kudos0

Hello

I have noticed that the long line is gone from here also that you use when you want to quote something or someone. I am also getting some sort of message saying that  these replies I guess are getting Autosaved and the time. Did I click something by mistake because I don't know what is being autosaved or where?? But I would like the long line back too. My list of Macros also got very narrow. They were fine before today. I didn't have long names either. It looks like there is only room for 12 letters before it gets cut off. Really though, what is getting Autosaved and where is it getting saved to? I've looked to see where to stop autosaving, but can't find anything about that either. I tried using the Quote thingy, but it didn't quote what I wanted to Quote.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.19.8.65 Core Firmware 282 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi Folks,

I'm pretty sure the invisible thing has been there since the major forum upgrade a couple of months ago and is configured through your privacy settings. Check out My Settings > Preferences > Privacy. Then look at the bottom of the screen. You can configure Show online status to and set to All, friends only, etc.

I have confirmed that if you set it to Friends Only or None, your user status will show as Invisible to everyone else.

Allen 

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32
Kudos0

AllenM:

The "Invisible" can be seen even when not logged into the forums...

In the meantime, it's a new day over here, and there's been no change...

Your Norton Ladybug.
Kudos0

Hi Yaso,

Yes I think that is normal. If someone's profile is configured to show online status only to friends for example, then anyone else will see invisible on that user's status whether they themselves are logged in to the forum.

I think a couple of anomalies came up with this latest update but I think this particular one is working normally.

Thanks

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32
Kudos0

The "Invisible" can be seen with all users - regardless of settings; and that's not normal. My own online status is set to be displayed to all.

Your Norton Ladybug.
Kudos0

I see the same thing as Yaso in that it does not seem to matter what the privacy settings are.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

Hmm, very interesting. For me I can see online status for over 99% of users. E.g., no change from before.

I wonder why the difference.

Allen
Kudos0

Any update? The issues are still there.

Your Norton Ladybug.
Kudos0

The Invisible tag has gone :-D Now if the PM icon and "Sent Messages" can be fixed...  ;-D

And I just saw that the horizontal bar is back in operation ;-) Thanks, guys :-D

Your Norton Ladybug.
Kudos0

Hello

Not sure if this is the correct thread or not. But one improvement I have noticed tonight. I don't know  if it happened sooner or not, but I have just noticed it. It seems that the Forum pages are once again loading up without saying loaded, but with errors on the page. Now it just says Done like it should say. 

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.19.8.65 Core Firmware 282 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.