• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Updated to 2015.5.6.78 (Nov. 18, 2015)

AND ....... nothing changed in Firefox.

Identity Safe STILL doesn't work.

STILL have to open a second window of Firefox to get the toolbar.

Do these updates actually DO anything?   Or are they a faux feel good for Norton customers?  

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Updated to 2015.5.6.78 (Nov. 18, 2015)

You may have already seen this, but if not, here's the product update announcement:

https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/updat...

Kudos1 Stats

wow fixing a toolbar is a big project wonder if a virus got through will take years to fix it?
Kudos0

Mad Scientist  Version NS also changed

Kudos1 Stats

Kudos0

Symantec said they would have a working Norton toolbar for Firefox by the end of October and all we got was a limited functional toolbar without the Identity Safe password vault accessible from the toolbar. Now here we are nearing the end of November and we still DO NOT have a fully functional Norton Toolbar for Firefox. 

To me this is unacceptable.  

Kudos0

Merlinz, if you've read the announcements, you would realise that this is a Mozilla caused problem not of Symantec's making.

And no, I'm not a Norton apologist. Just setting the record straight.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Also close reading of the announcements noted the full Toolbar functionality would not be available in the first iteration of the new Toolbar that was going to be released near the end of October.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Today is December 4. It has been one month ever since Norton Identity Safe 2015.5.6.78 kicked in and my norton tool and norton vault suddenly disappeared from my Firefox v.40.

How much longer do we have to waif for Norton to fix the issue?

How can we request the refund as a classs action law suit against Norton's negligence and incapability?

Or, Is Norton willing to regress to the older version so that we as the Firefox browser users still are able to use the older Norton version?

Again today is already Friday, December 4 2015, and NO CONSTRUCTIVE REPAIR HAS BEEN DONE BY NORTON.

Kudos0

Yes I did read EVERYTHING!  I am very much aware of the fact that Norton toolbar would not be fully functional in the October update but this does not excuse the fact its been TWO months now and we still DO NOT have a fully functional toolbar for Firefox. This is absolute BS from a company that supposedly prides itself for providing security on the Internet. Symantec should have been working with Mozilla long before the Firefox update broke it. They knew well in advance what was going to happen and did NOTHING and its still BROKEN!

Kudos1 Stats

Hello

I have requested an update on the Vault. I sent an email to one of the higher ups. He answered me early afternoon today. He had sent a notice to the Team in charge and is awaiting a reply from the Team involved...It's now the weekend, so most likely, I won't hear anything further until next week.  This isn't BS and I am telling the truth. This higher up wants to help us (Gurus) so is doing his best as I am doing my best. I'm not a Firefox customer, but I still do care about these issues. I am a customer as you are a customer..

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

From yank's second link above...Over the next several months, we plan to release the functionality of Identity Safe in phases.

No one is saying this ideal, but we have been informed  from official channels. All our comments here will not speed up the process. 

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thanks for the updates. Then, if this community site does not speed up Norton repairing its own flaws, where is any site to which we as Norton subscriber should address our anger and frustrations to Norton money-mongers?

Kudos0

Norton identity vault bemusing: Thanks for the updates. Then, if this community site does not speed up Norton repairing its own flaws, where is any site to which we as Norton subscriber should address our anger and frustrations to Norton money-mongers?

Please rate your experience with Norton
Your feedback is valuable in helping Norton build better products.
Thank You

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.