• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Upgrade from N360 to Norton Security + Backup

I just updated (renew) n360.  I upgraded to Norton Security + Backup.  I use a local backup file on the old N360.  After a migration to the new Norton Security + Backup I was told that there was a migration utility that I could download that would convert my OLD backup flle to the format supported by the NEW Norton Utility + Backup software.  Has anyone used this migration utility and if so where do I need to go to download.  I am not using the cloud for backups.  Using a local USB attached drive for all my backup, because my DSL is to slow.

Labels: Backup

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Upgrade from N360 to Norton Security + Backup

Hi Joseph M Paul,

I am not aware of any Norton migration utility.  Could you provide a link or source where you got this information?

I could be mistaken, but I am not aware of any changes to the Norton backup format used by recent versions of 360 and the newer Norton Security with Backup.

Thanks for any additional information you can supply.

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow
Kudos0

Phil,

I was in the process of renewing my N360, when I was told that the N360 was being discontinued.  That I should convert to the NEW product Norton Security + Backup.  This was information that I got from Sales support.  In the discussion on the changes that might occur in the upgrade to the new backup, I asked the question about the status of my local backup that I have been using for years.  First I was told that I would get more Cloud storage for my backup.  However, I have slow DSL: and do my backup to a local USB drive.  Was told that the old N360 was not the same format as the new product.  At that point I asked if there was a migration available to convert my old backup to the new format.  This so I did not have to create a new backup, but could have one historical backup file going forward.  I was told that support had a utility to do this.  As of yet have not been able to find one.  Would still like to have something that would combine my old and new backup just to have in one place all my important files.  Easy of use issue!

Kudos0

What version of Norton 360 were you using? Was it a recent one?

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.