• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Upgraded Norton Anitivirus to 360 v5 today but Identiy safe didn't have all my information

Hello, Can someone help me how to recover all my identity safe information which is there before upgrade as I have norton anitviru before but today I upgraded to 360 v5 after that my identity safe didn't have my most of information in it...so how do I recover all this information? please help.

Thanks,

Praveen

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Upgraded Norton Anitivirus to 360 v5 today but Identiy safe didn't have all my information

praveenk_c wrote:

Hello, Can someone help me how to recover all my identity safe information which is there before upgrade as I have norton anitviru before but today I upgraded to 360 v5 after that my identity safe didn't have my most of information in it...so how do I recover all this information? please help.

Thanks,

Praveen

Unless I'm mistaken Norton AntiVirus does not include the Identity Safe although Norton AntiVIurs does.

So to get you the best advice, would you give us some more information about your system:

What version of Windows are you using including Service Packs and whether 32 bit or 64 bit as well as the Name and Version ID of the Norton product that you are using -- Help or Support / About is where that is, in the format of nn.nn.nn.nnn

If you have the COMCAST version of Norton 360 / Security Suite and not the normal commercial version please be sure to tell us.

If you get any error messages please give the exact wording of them as well as any other background that could be helpful.

Hugh
Kudos0

Re: Upgraded Norton Anitivirus to 360 v5 today but Identiy safe didn't have all my information

Hum...well not sure which product i am using before but I think it is Anitivirus which has identity safe in it in 2010 ..now i installed 360 v5...version is 5.0.0.125 and my os is Windows 7, 64 bit...also i didn't take backup before as I assumed this new version will carry over (but it didn't)..let me know if you need more information.

Kudos0

Also I didn't see any error messages at all...when I opened IE9 and trying to login to mail account in yahoo and i saw it poped a message saying existing profile is detected asked me to login i did and thats i dont my account information for yahoo..out of 30 or so accounts i saved before it only showed 5..

Also i am thinking this version of 360 i brought from staples believe it is a comersial version..let me know if there is any way i can verify.

Kudos0

Norton Antivirus does not have Identity safe.  It may have been Norton Internet security.  If you go to www.mynortonaccount.com and login it should tell you what products you had or have presently.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain
Kudos0

Kudos0

Yes that is correct I had internet security....any solution to my problem to recover all identity safe from previously uninstalled product...as my new 360 v5 didn't migrate that information?

Kudos0

praveenk_c wrote:

Yes that is correct I had internet security....any solution to my problem to recover all identity safe from previously uninstalled product...as my new 360 v5 didn't migrate that information?

Now that we've sorted that out I'll leave you with the people who know N 360 to help you with the problem.

Before you try anything you might try looking in the Recycle Bin, once you know the names of the files to look for. But if so the sooner you do so the better since every moment risks overwriting the file remains there.

Hugh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.