• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Using N360, how do I delete a back-up set from a computer that no longer works?

I use Norton 360. How do I delete a back-up set that was created by a computer that no longer works?  I need to free up the space.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Using N360, how do I delete a back-up set from a computer that no longer works?

Is this under online backup? If so then it's not possible afaik, I have NS w/backup & under online backup account there are two computer's listed with the same name & I cannot delete either as the delete option is not available. It appears that option is only available in the standalone backup software for backups created using same.

Virginia/Twilight Princess. Windows 10 Pro 64bit, iPhone X, iPad Pro 9.7".
Kudos0

Re: Using N360, how do I delete a back-up set from a computer that no longer works?

Thanks for your comments. In addition to Norton 360 I also have Norton Online Back-up.  The dead computer and related files still show up on the Online Back-up screen; however, the “purge files” function is not available for this data set because it was created using N360 and not Online Back-up. It is wasting space and I need to delete it.

Kudos0

@Plymouth2016:

Bit new to Norton Backup... well, have you read the following solutions:

More, try formatting that whole disk if you wanna free up your space effectively.

Please post back if this or any other comment solves your problem. TIA:)

PUP Hunter PRO: Just TRYING to save the world (U) from cyber threats, A single blog post, at a time, and ONCE & FOR ALL. (A fan of Nadia_Kovacs)

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.