• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

V22.7.0.75 pulled from server

Update:

The 22.7 product update has been pulled back from the Live Update server and will not be available for download.

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Latest Version

Replies

Kudos0

Re: V22.7.0.75 pulled from server

What sholud I do if I install this update?

Kudos0

If you already have 22.7.0.75 installed and want to revert to the previous version (22.6.0.142), one way to do it is to download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool (NRnR.exe). This will uninstall most Norton products from your computer (but will save your settings), and then install the latest version (which is now 22.6.0.142, as 22.7.0.75 has been withdrawn), so you'll be back where you were before the update that they have now pulled. Easy way to get NRnR.exe is to Google it and then go to the Norton support site.

I have done this successfully on both my pcs.

Good luck.

Kudos0

Its funny, we posted all this info yesterday without the help of guru`s and admins, but it all got removed for no reason other than norton not wanting to admit there were problems!

Kudos0

What happens to those who already have v27.7.0.75 through Live Update. Do we all have to apply Norton Remove and Restore or will the next version update rectify it all?  I am happy to see the Norton taskbar icon showing green tick now knowing what's going on if it will be automatically rectified.  It is only my Win 7 machine that the Action Center gives incorrect info about  Norton.  I also have an XP with v27.7.0.75 which seems OK and gives the correct info. 

Kudos0

What happens to those who already have v27.7.0.75 through Live Update. Do we all have to apply Norton Remove and Restore or will the next version update rectify it all?

I think that's what a lot of us are waiting hear.  Currently I'd put money on us having to run the RnR tool

Kudos0

A simple uninstall from your control panel without the use of any removal tools, and leaving all your settings behind, removes the problem update.

When you reinstall you get back the working previous update, after a version update and live update.

Its literally a 10 minute fix instead of waiting for norton to act.

I can`t believe after two full days that norton have not posted one single thing to confirm this, all they have done is quietly remove the problem update and remove all our posts from the forum!

Kudos0

I did get NS 22.7.0.75 from live update and it works fine for me, if it does so on your computer you should not remove it, unless Norton recommend.

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.
Kudos0

I've now performed the Remove and Reinstall procedure as suggested and all seems back to normal but with the previous v 22.6.0.142. 

Kudos1 Stats

Had the scan not completing problem. At Symantec's request downloaded the Norton Reporting Assistant, captured a log of it happening and uploaded to them. They haven't even bothered to reply. Kaspersky beckons!

Kudos0

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Latest Version
Kudos0

Kudos0

Hello

Here is Sunil's post about the pulling of 22.7

Sunil_GA Admin

Administrator30

Re: action center saying Norton is not running after the 22.7.0.75 update

Posted: 17-Jun-2016 | 8:24PM • Permalink new

Update:

Customers who have already received the Norton 22.7 update do NOT need to uninstall and reinstall the previous version. Symantec is working on a fix to be released shortly to address the issue where "Windows Action Center incorrectly reports the Norton Security status." This issue does not impact the security of the pc as long as the Norton product reports its features are enabled.

A larger version.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.19.8.65 Core Firmware 282 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

ITMA. Vista 32.
NIS v 22.7.0.76 received.
Security Center reporting correctly.

Routine tested v22.7.0.76 in the usual manner, OK
Be safe out there !
"It's That Man Again."
The Silver Surfer. AK. ( OLD; BUT, NOT AGED. )

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.