• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Ver 22.12.1.15 Unanounced release turns OFF NCA

Just when I thought it was safe to use I-LU and override NCA Economy, because "[Update on March 2, 2018The Norton 22.12.1.14 product update has been PULLED BACK from the LiveUpdate server]", and no announcement of a replacement. I got the above. I checked the NCA setting, it had been turned OFF. I turned it back on. [Network Cost Awareness - NCA]

Also odd -- LU sent me over 100 MB of traffic but Win 7 Task manager showed less than 2 MB received. After a little browsing about 3 MB sent, 9 MB receive and 12 MB total.

I thought while 22.12.1.14 was pulled I could do a re-install, update to just before and wait out any PHASED MANNER RELEASE.

Now I have to do another re-start, here's hoping 22.12.1.15 is well behaved. I just checked Mohan_G30  has announced, and included "issue from happening when customers update to 22.12.1 (We are still investigating this issue to find a workaround/solution for the already impacted machines)"  Hey! Read the script for FITZALL -- Uninstall and reinstall to get this update or stop before it.

J

This probably was the reason for afrinl having a problem with LU fails at topic, "Norton Security LiveUpdate frequently fails to complete"  https://community.norton.com/en/forums/norton-security-liveupdate-frequently-fails-complete

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Ver 22.12.1.15 Unanounced release turns OFF NCA

Fbgnarm The total download on my end shows 97.67 MB for the patch to 22.12.1.15. My NCA setting remained on. The only issue that remains for one on 22.12.1.15 is from the vault on IE11 the fill in assistance will not open. Afrini is in the process of having set his "boot time protection" to aggressive as was suggested. That has fixed several issues for other users.

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1803 / build 17134.285 / NSBU 22.15.1.8 / Norton Core v.267

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.