• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Ver. 22.5.0.124 Constant Norton Insight Error

File insight "encounters unknown error" (and crashes) after I make ANY selection from the "Show:" file box.

No issues according to NIS, MBAM Ver. 2.1.8.1057, and Rkill 2.7.0

Any thoughts?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Ver. 22.5.0.124 Constant Norton Insight Error

File Insight "show" file box.  Is "show" = Locate
Looking for "show" file...?

Kudos0

It loads okay and displays "Trust Level, Community Usage, and Norton Network" results. When I make any selection from the box to the right of the word "Show", it briefly displays "Collecting Files....", then displays "Norton Insight has encountered an unknown error. Please try again later." Insight remains frozen until I go back and select it again from the "Scans" menu. Same result every time.

Kudos0

my bad... you wrote Norton Insight ... I went looking at File Insight...
Okay ~ Trust Level > Startup > 89% Trusted
Can you reach Live Update server...?

Kudos0

I wrote File insight, but I meant Norton Insight, because I thought it used to be called Norton File Insight. I mistakenly didn't capitalize the i, oops!, So really it was my bad.

Kudos0

Yes, I ran (Live Update) again to make sure, no problems there.

Kudos0

Trust Level > User Trusted > 89%
Trust Level > Untrusted > 89%
Three Tabs and Show seems okay for me.  
I'm not recent v21 to v22.5  So, ?

Kudos0

I'm trying to look at "untrusted files." When I did this in the previous version (21.7.0.11), occasionaly the program would briefly stop responding, but would soon display the results without giving the user an error message.

Kudos0

Perhaps most of the new version testing was okay with Win 10, and Norton (Symantec) released it assuming mostly Win 10 users would update to it (from necessity). That is to ask, for all practical purposes, do you think the newer version is made (more) for Win 10, and I should just remove it and reinstall the older version since I'm currently using Win 8.1?

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Get Ready For Some Big Updates!
from what I can glean...NIS morphed picking up Norton Security features and enhancements while retaining NIS license structure. 
Granted, if NIS 22.5 proves too buggy.  Then you'll decide. 
I think Norton Security was folded in to NIS and testing relied on Norton Security beta for W10. 

Kudos0

Thank You very much for your time. Cheers.

Kudos0

I didn't change anything, and had no problems with Insight "Collecting Files" today.

Kudos0

1emanresu:

I didn't change anything, and had no problems with Insight "Collecting Files" today.

read similar from user reporting Norton Insight No go... then by full shutdown > cold start.  Norton Insight Yes.  Go figure... 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.