• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Version 22.16

Few days ago had email thru' product update blogs referring to version 22.16 from Sunhil GA mentioning version 22.16, body of text just showed 'Test' and clicking on ling just got 'Access denied'. This morning (UK) had files for 22.16 downloaded into MUI folder - any-one any the wiser ?. Seen no official notification again although receiving other product update blogs.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Version 22.16

I'm just downloading 0ver 100 MB now.  I'll keep you posted.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

I have 22.16.0.247 installed now.

Kudos0

Krusty13 - thanks - seems Norton are no longer actually broadcasting new versions being updated (same with 22.15.1.8 (actually included in original notification of 22.15.0.88)). Checked thru' Sunhil GA product announcements - nothing about 22.16. Bad timing as Windows updates issued same time.

Kudos0

Yeah, the announcements are a little slower than they used to be.  Expect one soon though.

@Sunil_GA?

Thanks.

Kudos0

... In fact I just received another patch.

Kudos0

ITMA.
​22.16.0.247 came flying down the pipe, this morning.
Installed, OK.
Ran 'GET SUPPORT', to confirm.

Appears to do 'just what it says on the tin'.

"It's That Man Again."
The SinecoalCirph4.

Kudos0

Hi Everyone,

We have posted Norton 22.16.0.247 release announcement in Product Update Announcement blog. 

Please refer Announcing Norton Security 22.16 update for Windows announcement blog for more details.

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

I am making limited use of Win XP with Firefox as I have so many facilities remaining on it. My XP is still covered by Norton Internet Security which I believe is on Maintenance mode for XP.  I still get updates through Live Update but have not yet seen update 22.16.0.247.   My XP still show previous update.22.15.1.8.  Will my XP still get the latest update? It downloaded fine on my Windows 7 machine.

Kudos0

imbart - see Sunhil_GA's posting above & follow link- Apparently only available from Windows 7.1 & above - not available for XP

Kudos0

Many thanks. I have now belatedly read that bit at the foot of the blog - silly me!

Kudos0

imbart - I still have an old XP computer that I don't use on a daily basis, that has some useful software on which has not been available for years. Left that on Version 19, still receives general updates, don't know how long though. Looks as though you are stuck on version 22.15.0.88.

Kudos0

Thanks again, mgirons. I have the same -  loads of unavailable useful software gathered over the years and XP so easy to find your way around compared to  my Win 7.  Firefox kept going with XP until August.  Norton still claim to cover XP with updates but no new versions after 22.15.1.88 now as you say. 

Kudos0

Norton still claim to cover XP with updates but no new versions after 22.15.1.88 now as you say. 

Security updates, ie definition files, but no new features as you would see in going from 22.15.x.x. to 22.16.x.x.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.