• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

What is needed for a Ghost 15.0 Boot CD

Years ago, I had a Ghost disc that I could boot with, that would automatically launch Ghost.

I have the Symantec ISO (Ghost 15.0) but what other files to I need? I hope to boot to the disc and have Ghost automatically start, so I can browse to an external USB drive that has the image I want to restore.

Labels: Restore

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: What is needed for a Ghost 15.0 Boot CD

I think if you burn your ISO to a disc it will boot.

Otherwise, here is the Ghost 15 recovery disc image.

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/linked_files/Ghost/NGH1501_AllWin_English_SrdOnly.iso

Dave

Kudos0

I have the ISO but when I boot to the disk the system tells me 'There's no Operating System' or something like that. Also, even if I'm able to boot to the CD, what do I use to launch Ghost? What Ghost files need to be on the DB as well?

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

The whole problem was a lack of knowledge... id10t / PEBCAK error.

I tried simply burning the ISO with Roxio and selecting the 'Bootable' option for the burn. This resulted in the message 'No Operating System' when trying to boot. I noticed that Roxio had associated itself with the ISO, the way a Player might associate itself with a video type. Soooo, I simply double clicked on the ISO, Roxio opened and asked for a CD, I burnt the CD and... Ta-da!!! The disk now boots and automatically launches the Ghost application. DOH!

Kudos0

I had to look up PEBCAK error. LOL

Kudos0

can I use the software without buying the license?

can I use the software and distribute to my clients?

thanks

Kudos0

I Dave, can i use the software without buying the license? can I use the software and distribute to my clients?

thanks

Kudos0

Using Norton Ghost past the trial period requires a license. Ghost 15 is no longer sold or supported.  It hasn't been updated in just shy of 5 years now. I don't think your clients are interested in 5 year old, outdated software.

Kudos0

I Redk9258, 

I do not care support and customer do not care support.

Norton Ghost 15 I make a ghost of a hard disk and distribute it to my clients, the system works very well and I will not change it.

since norton ghost is no longer on the market and supported, I can use it and give it to my clients to place my ghost?

Kudos0

I would say not legally. Then there's the whole not supporting Windows 10 thing that will happen.

Kudos0

Red,

His clients will be none too pleased when they upgrade to Win 10, that's when the fun will start.

Deric.

Kudos0

Hi DStain,

with the boot cd, i do the ghost of a hard drive with Windows Server 2012 R2 and have not had any problems.

Kudos0

No you won't with SSR but you will with G15 when upgrading to Win10,that's all I'm saying.

Deric

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.