Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
What is the roadmap for the Norton Core ?
I had the Norton Core for a week now for testing purpose and just wanted to know : What do you plan to do with this ?
I'm not wanted to be rude, or anything like that. I just taken this product like it is, a network protection, for casual people. But when I take it, I was thinking it will be something precious and be able to remove my actual Cisco Meraki Firewall. And it won't. Because i'm too technical for this product, OR, it's not technical enough.
I mean, it's ok. It's work. It can protect any HTTP Trafic (but it's open-bar for HTTPS Trafic, and since the malware is hidding into SSL Website, it's kind of complicated...) and some stuff, but, yeah, what next ?
I'm not "happy" with the current feature on the Norton Core. I bough it with my "technical" vision, not a "casual" vision, and that's why I wanted to ask you, guys, what is the plan for the next release ? I mean, it's ok to be easy to configure for casual people, but since Symantec acquiere BlueCoat, it will be a good thing to use thoses expertise to be able to produce one of the greatest security router of all time (I mean, it can be, but just tell us ?)
Here something I was Thinking :
- Do you have any plan to protect about HTTPS Website ? (SSL interception on the Norton Core) ? It is, for me, the P1 priority, since the HTTPS Trafic seem to be 40% of the web trafic today.
- And about the current WebFiltering, when you block a HTTPS Website, it show only a TCP_RST instead of a exception page, that's not really easy to understand for the "casual" people
- About the SSL Certificate (yeah, because I think it's the complicated step) it will be easy to install it directly with the Norton Endpoint Protection, like automaticaly, if the computer is protect with Norton, it will be able to get the Norton Certificate to do the SSL Interception, doesn't ?
- Do you have any plan to enable VPN on the Norton Core ?
- VPN Client : protect my device mobile, like we use the Core Application to configure, with this app, be able to cross our policy to go to internet (parental control outside of the local network, for exemple)
- VPN Server : protect my network connecting to VPN / Proxy solution (Like Symantec get the WSS solution, it will be a two in a row : SSL Interception & VPN protection, and Malware Analysis in the same place)
- Do we have any plan to get a Web-Browsing configuration for the appliance ?
- I can understand "It's a critical step" yeah, but Cisco Meraki, for exemple, can be configure in a Web Browser, with a specific portail - why cannot open the possibility to administrate my norton-core directly on my norton-portail ?
- The app doesn't work well, I have it on two smartphone and cannot be able to get the same notification/history on both smartphone, it's really awefull.
- Do we have any plan to be able to choose canal for the WiFi ?
- Do we have any plan to create more network than just one /16 ?
- Why don't we have the complete GIN WebFiltering solution ? We didn't get the same category than BlueCoat Product, for exemple, and I cannot understand why (Do I have to keep my K9 on my computer or do you think it will be possible to get exactly the same category than BlueCoat in few weeks ?)
I am really curious to understand where we are going with this product - I mean, i didn't get any issue, I really want to push this thing to my parent's house or stuff like that, but today, I'm able to push something else because, for my point of view, the security is "not enough" on the actual solution, and some "great" feature is missing.
Thanks guys, appreciate your next answers :)
Like i said, it's not to be rude, I'm really thinking the Norton Core could be less better than it is actually. I was really surprise by the deny I get on the HTTP website during my (LOT) of test I did this week, but the SSL interception is something really important from my point of view, same than the VPN, and a GREAT WebUI to administrate all thoses stuff.
And the GIN, obvisouly, i'm sad to see thoses category when I compare it to the BlueCoat one, for me it will be something interesting to get, because thoses category is more accurate than the one on the Norton Product, so, that's why i'm asking.
Take care everyone,