• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

WHAT'S IS THE DIFFERENT BETWEEN NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2015 (22.5), NORTON SECURITY DELUXE & NORTON SECURITY PREMIER

Dear Norton,

Recently in My country the new products available there are Norton Security Standard, Norton Security Deluxe & Norton Security Premiere, so far I know the different between them is the extra feature/service like Norton Security Premiere now included with the Backup Store, and Norton Family Safety,

1. my question what is the different feature between "NORTON INTERNET SECURITY (22.5) COMPARE WITH NORTON SECURITY DELUXE" for technology.

2. If Norton Internet Security ver 22.5 and Norton Security Deluxe are different products and technology, whether the existing & valid subscription can shift to Norton Security Deluxe ?. 

Awaiting the information.

Tks & B/regards,

Replies

Kudos0

Re: WHAT'S IS THE DIFFERENT BETWEEN NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2015 (22.5), NORTON SECURITY DELUXE & NORTON SECURITY PREMIER

Hi, hanjojo. This is how the products are likely to be. This is from the US site, but all regions hopefully will be the same.

http://us.norton.com/norton-security-antivirus

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos0

Re: WHAT'S IS THE DIFFERENT BETWEEN NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2015 (22.5), NORTON SECURITY DELUXE & NORTON SECURITY PREMIER

Is it Premier or Premium? Anyway Standard and Deluxe are the same, the first can be installed on one device while the second on up to 5 which can be monitored online. Premium includes the backup feature, 25 GB of online storage, parental controls and can be installed on 10 devices.

When Norton Security first came out you could not use the remaining subscription of NIS or N360 to move to the new product, unless you bought NS and then made a request to Symantec to transfer the remaining days of the old product.

Apparently, due to the launch of Windows 10, Symantec decided to give all features of NS to users of NIS and N360 instead of having to make the old software compatible as well with Win 10. So they are basically the same (I think). The only difference must be the subscription details (you can install NIS and N360 on 3 machines instead of 5 or 10 and you can't install them on mobile devices or Macs).

The funny part is that Symantec tried to simplify things by abandoning Norton Antivirus, Internet Security and 360 introducing a single new product, Norton Security, but now they have created a bigger mess than before with all the new names, Standard, Deluxe (which are the same), Premium as well as many other variants if you search online on Amazon.

Kudos0

Here's a link with a good side-by-side comparison. I'm glad you asked the question as I had no idea that Norton had come out with this!

http://us.norton.com/norton-security-for-one-device

So has my Norton Security with Backup been renamed yet again? Very confusing I must say.

Kudos0

Hello Jimbo40

Yes, it sounds like it may have been changed to Norton Security Premium.

Thanks

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

they haven't made a bigger mess standard is for 1 device deluxe is 3 and premium is 5. you can have n360 or ns and install it on android iPhone or macosx. it didn't have anything to do with win 10 it was to simplify the product line up ns and n360 a exactly the same thing and run the same defender updates 

Kudos0

Hello

Please go by the link that Jimbo has provided. That seems to have the correct information.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Thomas

The numbers that can be activated with a single key varies in some markets so you have to check for your own locality -- and a key bought in one region may not activate the product in another region.

So bear in mind:  "All generalizations are false .... including this one" [Mark Twain]

Hugh
Kudos0

floplot:

Hello

Please go by the link that Jimbo has provided. That seems to have the correct information.

Thanks.

Hello Flo,

Not in all regions.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

MY NS W/BU VER.22.6.0.142 SEZS UP2DATE. WHAT IS NS PREIUM? IF ITS An UPGRADE THEN IT SHOULD SAY SO.
Norton doesn't list my 1 st NS w/bu in products, atleast I don't see it.

What's up w/that?

Kudos0

Hi ms8guy,

NSBU was renamed Norton Security Premium - part of Norton's marketing madness.  Version 22.6.0.142 is the most recent version - no matter what Norton marketing calls it in whatever region you re located in!

Kudos0

Hi Fighter.

I hav had NSw/BU since Win 10 & I'm just say'n tha Norton always updated version w/o User's having to watch them & keep Norton Honest. All my 360's where upgraded w/o any probs, but since NSw/BU came out I lost 25 gb storage because I re-up'd  my 360 back then & also bought 1 yr NS w/BU to get rmaining 360 to change to NSw/BU. I then had bout 800 days subscription Norton did then upgrade me but I should have got 2 25 gb's more storage, but was not given it cause they said they only honor 1 subscription at a time.  Norton still hasn't coughed it up & I have been a loyal subscriber for many, many years & they are not like they used to be as far as Cust-Serv goes.

What brought me here is when I read about the Premier plan & hadn't seen NSw/bu anywhere & my Norton still shows I'm up2date but nowhere does it say PREMIUM & it does say ver-22.6.0.142 (last few months).

This kind of thing was a none issue, in all past years that I have used Norton. This all started last year when Win 10 came, atleast that's when I noticed it.

Just let,n peeps kno to keep an eye out & watch these Companies, is all. Norton/Symantec was always good, but seems that things are changing maybe. My product still shows old name.

WHY???

Kudos0

ive never had very good customer service from norton. last year had a problem with something to do with 360 contacted them they didnt know how to fix it so they told me to get intel security instead rather than helping. 

Kudos0

Hi, ms8guy and Thomas.perry. If you have any problems please contact Support.  http://norton.com/chat

If you don't get satisfaction, we can get someone from Symantec to escalate your issues.

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos0

ms8guy

The 25 GB storage you get with 360 or the new Norton Security Premium is a subscription to 25GB for one year shared among all devices on your subscription. If you extend your subscription, as you have done to 800 days, what you now have is the 25GB for 2 years. It does not get added to increase your storage. Any additional storage above the 25 GB level needs to be purchased as a add on.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thomas.perry:

ive never had very good customer service from norton. last year had a problem with something to do with 360 contacted them they didnt know how to fix it so they told me to get intel security instead rather than helping. 

How did you contact Support? If it was a link from an internet search, the first links listed are usually paid results for companies that offer support for Norton Products, but have absolutely no connection with Norton.

Why would any company's support tell a customer to use another company's product? 

Kudos0

you can contact norton via their website and talk to someone 24/7 its part of the $100 or whatever you pay, if its a major problem they will take remote controll and fix it for you. just like you can contact someone at apple via their website

Kudos0

Hello

Why would Norton customer support tell you to use Intel Security? That Group doesn't have anything to do with Norton. It doesn't sound like the paid service either to do that even if they can't fix the issue. We have recommended this thread to another Symantec Employee to see if he can help you if it's about something he can help you with. No promises that it is something he can help you with though.

Intel Security Group (previously McAfee, Inc. /ˈmækəfiː/[3]) is an American global computer security software company headquartered in Santa Clara, California, and the world's largest dedicated security technology company.[4

copied from Wikipedia.

Thanks.

Kudos0

i dont know why nortons staff would say that it was some indian with no loyalty to norton.it was the paid service i was logined in when i contacted them. it been long fixed and been reinstalled many times since then so no real point to get Symantec to help now ,that was start of last year and still on 8.1 moved on to 10 and got new ssd since then so its been installed a few times since then and sorted now. 

Kudos0

Hello

Ok, the next time you have some issue which needs to be fixed, please come to the Forum and we will try to help. An issue with your Norton product, I am referring to.

Thanks.

Kudos0

Hi Pete,

Everytime I had renewed I got 25 gbs & any new upgrades during an active subscription were done either by my checking for new version or Norton did it Automatically.

Last time I had 360 Multi & they always upgraded newer versions & carried over my storage. I added 1 year subscription to my 360 Multi, even though I had plenty, of days left, and later found out about NSw/BU (w/10 devices) cause I needed more add-ons ( ie cell phone etc) about same time as Win 10 came out & saw NS w/BU and asked why wasn't I UPGRADED to it & after all the hours on the phone (an a bottle of Asperins later) I said "what if I buy (NSw/BU) also? (cause I saw a reduced price back then).

They said I could so I paid for1 Multi 360 & added 1NSw/BU and so I got the upgrade and my Norton now said "Norton Security w/Back-up, expecting to get 25gbs each more, but they screwed me out of 25gbs. I found that out another time..

Norton always was good but since last time I upgraded they didn't give me the 50 gbs(25 each).                                                         

Why I am not showing the New Product's name is a mystery since I looked under products a don't see NSw/BU anymore when I check for New Versions, but I do see NS PREMIUM & I have version 22.6.0.142 for last few months even though product still sezs I am up to date & Norton Security w/BU appears on the window.

I think my version is the Premium, but since i'm out of aspirin time will tell.

Kudos0

The naming from Norton Security with Backup to Norton Security Premium is a marketing thing. It can depend on which market area you are in. I initially installed the NSBU and all updates have still left the old name on my main Norton Security screen. Do not worry or take any more aspirin on this issue. They are the same product.

As for the backup storage. As I pointed out in my previous post, you never get more than the 25GB unless you specifically purchase more storage. Purchasing another product key is not purchasing more storage. It just extends your subscription to the 25GB you already have.

Kudos0

I have same problem almost Exactly as you do but used TYLENOL. I installed Win 10 Home & the Pro Version, on other PC. I had approx. 600-700 days left, on Norton 360 Multi- Device remaining(w/80+gbs also) I never bought extra. Like you took hours on the phone w/Norton. I finally was sick and tired and I also found the sale price and purchased another year, of NSw/BU, after assurance I would get NS w/BU Premium, but still the NAME GAME was unanswered and Norton window showed 360 Muti w/added 25GBs, total was 100+GBs and addled year subscription. Norton ALWAYS upgraded my product, in all the years I've been w/them, back to when 360 1st came out.

I am PC challenged so 360 was best for me cause I never really had to do anything. Norton always upgraded "NEVER DOWNGRADED a subscription & I have bought the products, on their site & in local stores w/o any probs. All I had to was give them the Products code, yet still they have this name game problem and also soon after last re-up I noticed that 25GHb's was set back to 80+, I grabbed the Tylenol and called Norton about it. Their NEW answer for reducing my B/U was that they only give out 25GBs 1 time even if you added 2,3+ years at same time to same PC!!!

THAT IS NOT ACCEPTICAL !!!  

FYI my version is 22.71.32 & Window STILL shows "NORTON SECURTY"

Kudos0

Hi ms8guy,

Not sure I follow what you are saying, but I have Norton Security Premium installed - which is the latest name for NSw/BU.  It offers up to 10 devices.   It is the same as Norton Security Deluxe - formerly NS (which offers 5 devices) - with backup added

Norton Security Standard offers only one device.  The comparison that F4E posted above shows the differences.

In a nutshell, NS Standard and NS Deluxe, does not provide a backup function, while the Premium does.  Thus  NS Deluxe is similar to what NIS was and NS Premium is similar to what N 360 was.

I am running NS Premium, my Main UI Page shows Norton Security, my Programs and Features show NSw/BU, my About shows Norton Security, and my Norton Management (Services Tab) shows a total of 10 devices.

You have to remember that the Norton Security Products are totally new products as compared to NIS and N360.  The NS products are not in the same line of products, thus there is no automatic update from N360 to NS Premium or from NIS to NS Deluxe.  As new products they need to be purchased.  Once purchased, the NS product will also be  upgraded automatically when  new version comes out - from 21.1 to 22.2 - as the older products were within themselves.

One more thing, NIS 22.7.1.32 and NS Deluxe 22.7.1.32 are comparable in functions, capabilities etc - but the NIS will remain at only 3 devices in lieu of the 5 devices that NS Deluxe offers.

I am sorry I can not address your question about your BU decreasing.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.