• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

When will Norton Family support Android 2.3.6?

This issue with Android 2.3.6 not being supported has now been going on for almost a month next week. Do issues usually take this long to resolve? If this product is not going to work with Android 2.3.6 anytime soon, can someone please let me know so that I can uninstall it on my devices and move on?

Also is there a list containing all of the versions of Android that Norton Family supports or does not support? Do you know if there is a way to change to an older version of Android or Norton Family so that they are compatible?

Thanks!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: When will Norton Family support Android 2.3.6?

Hi chec,

The team is checking into the issue.  I'll get back to you as soon as I get an update.

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Is there a list containing all of the versions of Android that Norton Family supports or does not support? Do you know if there is a way to change to an older version of Android or Norton Family so that they are compatible?

Thanks!

Kudos0

I was looking on the Norton Family help link and found the info below that Android versions 2.2 and later are supported. Why would this not include 2.3.6. At what version between 2.2 and 2.3.6 does it stop being supported?

Android

• Android v2.2 and later
Kudos0

I'm in the same boat as you Chec!!  I've beyond frustrated especially since we've paid for this!

Kudos0

Hi Sharieg,

Have you gotten any response from them as to the resolution of this issue? I only use the free version, so I can definitely understand your frustration. Have they offered you a refund? Im not quite sure why it doesn't work on my sons phone anymore, since it did for a whole year prior and then around September I started noticing I wasn't getting alerts anymore and he could get on blocked/restricted websites. We have never even upgraded the Android version on his phone since one was never even put out to be upgraded during this time frame! It just all of a sudden stopped working.

Kudos0

NO I haven't  It was working great till just recently too.  I was able to block txt messages on her phone without issue.  Now it has a pop up that warns her the person is blocked but still allows her to read and send messages to the blocked numbers.  The kicker is that they don't show up on the log because they are blocked!   I've talked on the phone with them and I asked about a refund and they were more than willing to give it too me.  I really don't want one as the program works great when it works as designed!  It's like they are in denial that something is wrong on their end and it's everyone else that is causing the problem!

Kudos0

Did they tell you that your issues are because of the Android version your device is using as well?
Kudos0

yes but I've got 4.4.2..............

Kudos0

Can I please get an update on the issue of non support of Android 2.3.6? It seems they are working on supporting the latest versions and this is still not resolved. Can you please find out if this is indeed going to be resolved or not since its an older version of Android? Id rather know up front if not, than to keep waiting for something that is not going to happen.

Thank You

Kudos0

Hi chec,

I'll check with the team on the status of this.  Thanks for your patience.

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Katie,

I sincerely appreciate it!

Che

Kudos0

I am now having issues with no website activity being recorded since 11.27.14. Can you tell me why this would all of a sudden be happening? As of now there are no more Norton Family functions working on my phone.

Kudos0

Just wanted to update- I have uninstalled and reinstalled and am now getting web activity again, although the existing issue of restricted websites not being blocked still exists.
Kudos0

Following up on status of this issue. I was told that it would be checked into. I also have a question about seeing comments made about which Internet service provider is being used and whether its wifi, 3G, or 4G for people who are not having websites properly blocked that are supposed to be. I am wondering why this question is being asked and if it could be the cause of my problem since this norton family service worked for a year then stopped all of a sudden. I still have all functions of norton family working properly except for blocking websites categories that I have checked in the house rules. I don't understand why it worked for a year then all of a sudden stopped blocking websites but i get notifications and web activity. It states that android 2.3.6 is covered on Norton website and I am being told that norton isn't compatible with this android version. Wouldn't I have no functions at all if this were true?
Kudos0

Following up on status of this issue. I was told that it would be checked into. I also have a question about seeing comments made about which Internet service provider is being used and whether its wifi, 3G, or 4G for people who are not having websites properly blocked that are supposed to be. I am wondering why this question is being asked and if it could be the cause of my problem since this norton family service worked for a year then stopped all of a sudden. I still have all functions of norton family working properly except for blocking websites categories that I have checked in the house rules. I don't understand why it worked for a year then all of a sudden stopped blocking websites but i get notifications and web activity. It states that android 2.3.6 is covered on Norton website and I am being told that norton isn't compatible with this android version. Wouldn't I have no functions at all if this were true?
Kudos0

I can assure you Norton is the problem!  Not your computer, not your internet connection!  As for level two tech support

Kudos0

Hi, Waiting on a response to this issue. Hi chec, I'll check with the team on the status of this. Thanks for your patience. Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Hi, Waiting on a response to this issue.
Kudos0

hi,

I can't see myself paying for virus protection on the phone. I thought it was possible to back up your data and then restore your phone which would clear any viruses on it.

imo save your money and just use web root for protection. It offers the lost phone protection, etc. The things that most of these apps are charging for.

Kudos0

Hi Katie, On Dec 1st you replied that you were going to check with the team regarding this issue. I have followed up a few times now with no response and being skipped over everytime. Is there anyone I can contact regarding this to get an answer since it has been going on since September? Thank you! Chec
Kudos0

hi,

I can't see myself paying for virus protection on the phone. I thought it was possible to back up your data and then restore your phone which would clear any viruses on it.

imo save your money and just use web root for protection. It offers the lost phone protection, etc. The things that most of these apps are charging for.

Kudos0

Hi Johnsmike,

Thanks for your comment, but my post doesn't have anything to do with virus protection. Not sure if you posted on the wrong comment.

Thanks,

Che

Kudos0

Im waiting on a response from Katie or anyone from Norton Family.

Thanks,

Che

Kudos0

Kudos0

Kudos0

Hi chec,

Thanks for you patience.   We have corrected the Android 2.3 web blocking issues in the Norton Family for Android 3.3 release. It's available in Google play store today.

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

That is wonderful news Katie! Thank you so very much and I will be sure to let you know if there are any issues.

I appreciate your help!

Chec

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.