• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Where are the NIS 2012 scan log files?

When day is done I prefer the Full System Scan to hibernate option on WinXP. In the morning all I get is the GUI. What about the number of files scanned, length of scan time, suspect files etc. report? A text file would do nicely.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Where are the NIS 2012 scan log files?

When day is done I prefer the Full System Scan to hibernate option on WinXP. In the morning all I get is the GUI. What about the number of files scanned, length of scan time, suspect files etc. report? A text file would do nicely.

Kudos0

First I will tell you how to view the detailed scan results in the GUI, then how to export as a text file.

From the GUI, click on HISTORY.  (if your initial GUI screen is the default, then click on "Advanced" first, then you will see "History" listed under "Computer Protection.")

The Security History window will pop up.  Using the drop-down menu in the top left corner where it says "show",  choose SCAN RESULTS.   Find the scan you want the details for and double-click it  (or you can highlight it and select "more details.")  If you just highlight it, you will get a small scan summary on the same screen, but the "more details" will provide a breakdown of what was scanned and found.

When you get to the more detailed page, then under "Total Items Scanned", you can click on the Plus (+) sign and it should expand and show several categories of items (with numbers) that were scanned.

Now for the text file you mentioned.  You will notice on the Security History GUI that there is a tiny link at the bottom that says "EXPORT."     So when you are on the screen for the SCAN RESULTS in the history window, click on the EXPORT link.  You will have the option of saving it as an .mcf file or a text file.  You will make the selection in the file save window by selecting "save as type" then choosing .mcf or text.  When you do that, I believe it will download all the scan history, not just the recent scan.  I don't know if there is a way to save a single scan as a text file.  But you could edit the text file and remove those you didn't want.

Kudos0

kaikai wrote:

Hi kaikai,

You can export to a text file. Right click the Norton icon in the tray and choose View Recent History. Next click the drop down arrow and choose Scan Results. At the bottom of the results choose the Export link to export the scan results. In the dialog box that appears, choose Save as type > select Text Files. Export your scan results.

Ed

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.