• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1 Stats

Where do I find login settings for Identity Safe in NIS 2014?

Yesterday, I updated my subscription to Norton Identity Safe on my laptop -- now have the new Norton Toolbar -- but I am unable to find the login settings.  The "old" NIS and Norton 360 (that I use on my desktop) had a dropdown menu that included "Settings" when I clicked on "Vault Open" in the toolbar.  Clicking on "Settings" yielded a second dropdown that included "Edit Logins", "Import" and "Export".  Where do I find these things in 2014 version of NIS with new toolbar (and also in N360 -- looked at my husband's updated N360 this evening, and clicking on "Vault Open" in that yields same thing I get in updated NIS)? 

In my "old" N360 and NIS, Edit Logins screen included a list of logins (clicking on a login, one could get details for that login).  The list of logins could be sorted into folders.   One could also create a nw login, create a new folder, or delete a login from this screen.  Where do I find these in the updated versions, and how do I sort my logins into folders in the new version?

I feel sure that I'm just missing these things, but I looked around the new version of NIS on my laptop this evening and was unable to find any of these features.  I'm going to have to import some new login info from my desktop to my laptop soon, so I'm seeking out the answers now.  Thank you for any help you can offer!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Where do I find login settings for Identity Safe in NIS 2014?

Yesterday, I updated my subscription to Norton Identity Safe on my laptop -- now have the new Norton Toolbar -- but I am unable to find the login settings.  The "old" NIS and Norton 360 (that I use on my desktop) had a dropdown menu that included "Settings" when I clicked on "Vault Open" in the toolbar.  Clicking on "Settings" yielded a second dropdown that included "Edit Logins", "Import" and "Export".  Where do I find these things in 2014 version of NIS with new toolbar (and also in N360 -- looked at my husband's updated N360 this evening, and clicking on "Vault Open" in that yields same thing I get in updated NIS)? 

In my "old" N360 and NIS, Edit Logins screen included a list of logins (clicking on a login, one could get details for that login).  The list of logins could be sorted into folders.   One could also create a nw login, create a new folder, or delete a login from this screen.  Where do I find these in the updated versions, and how do I sort my logins into folders in the new version?

I feel sure that I'm just missing these things, but I looked around the new version of NIS on my laptop this evening and was unable to find any of these features.  I'm going to have to import some new login info from my desktop to my laptop soon, so I'm seeking out the answers now.  Thank you for any help you can offer!

Kudos0

Hi MADgeek, and welcome. If you open your vault in the Toolbar, you will see a settings cog on the bottom of the UI.

Click on that, and you will find your settings. Be sure to elect to stay with the Local Vault, if that's what you already have.

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos3 Stats

MADgeek wrote:

... The list of logins could be sorted into folders.   One could also create a nw login, create a new folder, or delete a login from this screen.  Where do I find these in the updated versions, and how do I sort my logins into folders in the new version?

Hi MADgeek,

Unfortunately, the very useful folder feature was dropped from this year's version of Norton Identity Safe, so don't go crazy looking for it.  In place of folders a tagging option has been added which does not serve the same function for those of us that have numerous logins which we want sorted and organized.

As F4E mentioned, to access your logins and settings, you must first login to your Identity Safe account and then click the toolbar vault icon.  This will bring up the Identity Safe app where you can make some adjustments.

Hope that helps.

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.