• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Why do I have to open my vault every time I launch Firefox 49.0.2

If I launch Firefox 49.0.2 and then unlock my vault to enable autofill, that works ok.

If I then close down Firefox and then launch it again, I have to unlock my vault again in order to enable autofill.

Why is this? In both Chrome and IE, once I have opened my vault I can then close and relaunch the browsers as many times as I like and the vault always remains open.

It's a pain having to keep reopening my vault every time I relaunch Firefox.

Does anyone have a way round this?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Why do I have to open my vault every time I launch Firefox 49.0.2

This is done as a security measure. At this time, there is no way to change this setting. But this is still a pre release version of the FF extension. Hopefully later versions will allow more settings to allow changes to the time out for the login to the vault.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thanks peterweb. Let's hope they fix it soon.

Kudos0

This annoyance makes the Firefox Identity Safe add-on all but useless.

Kudos0

Hello Ancistrus

Please remember  that this version of the Norton Firefox Extension is still a pre-released one that does seem to work for most. There will still be more versions released before the final release is ready.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Actually, the latest version does not have the pre-release / experimental notification at AMO  -  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/norton-identity-safe/

Also:

About this Add-on

Please note – this add-on provides partial support for Vault Logins. This add-on will fill and capture Logins, but does not support viewing or editing Logins. We are evaluating future plans for Login item support as well as support for additional Vault items like Addresses, Wallet, Notes, and Favorites.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.