• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Why My Norton Internet Security 2010 doesn't get new patch?

I had using NIS 2010 since October 2nd, but why until now, my NIS product doesn't get patch? I saw in another post yesterday that there is a patch for NIS and NAV 2010, but why mine doesn't get it?
Surface Pro3 - Windows 10 Pro Insider (Fast Ring) | ASUS N43S - Windows 10 Pro Insider (Fast Ring)

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Why My Norton Internet Security 2010 doesn't get new patch?

Peace_wanderer

You do not say what version NIS 2010 you are currently running. The patch that you may be referring to was withdrawn. At the top of these messages in any forum are red sticky messages and you would be advised to read these to understand the current position.

If you need further help please advise.

Kudos0

There has been only one patch released and it was withdrawn quickly after a very limited number of installations due to issues with the Firefox browser.  Therefore, most users, like you, have not yet received any software update for NIS 2010.  A revised patch is expected in the near future. 
Kudos0

I use NIS Version 17.0.0.136, i have tried to upgrade it, but it says that i have the latest NIS 2010 product. What should i do now?

Surface Pro3 - Windows 10 Pro Insider (Fast Ring) | ASUS N43S - Windows 10 Pro Insider (Fast Ring)
Kudos0

peace_wanderer wrote:

I use NIS Version 17.0.0.136, i have tried to upgrade it, but it says that i have the latest NIS 2010 product. What should i do now?

You don't have to do anything.  That is the only available version at this point.

Kudos0

That is the latest version that has been offically released.  The patch to 17.1.0.14 has been withdrawn to be fixed and will be released when the errors have been corrected.  The Forum will be updated when the Patch has been released again.  Watch this thread:

http://community.norton.com/norton/board/message?board.id=nis_feedback&thread.id=83394

Win10 x64; Proud graduate of GeeksToGo

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.