• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Why is my Remaining Activiation for 1 User after buying 2010 Renewal Sub. I should have 3 Users

Hi,

I know I have post similar matters before....But I need the attention of Symantec Staff!!!!!

I need Symantec Customer Service Rep to explain to me with regards to my Subscription. 

I have just renew my NIS2010 sub for another year and entitled for 3Users.  However, accounting to my Norton Account, my REMAINING ACTIVIATION is only for 1User.

I have Paild for the Renewal, so I think I am entitled to install for 3 Users.

P/S:- I did try to Email Symantec Customer Service but to no avail.

Can any Symantec pls advice.

Thank you

Message Edited by Sea_Monster on 09-12-2009 04:42 PM

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Why is my Remaining Activiation for 1 User after buying 2010 Renewal Sub. I should have 3 Users

Hi,

I know I have post similar matters before....But I need the attention of Symantec Staff!!!!!

I need Symantec Customer Service Rep to explain to me with regards to my Subscription. 

I have just renew my NIS2010 sub for another year and entitled for 3Users.  However, accounting to my Norton Account, my REMAINING ACTIVIATION is only for 1User.

I have Paild for the Renewal, so I think I am entitled to install for 3 Users.

P/S:- I did try to Email Symantec Customer Service but to no avail.

Can any Symantec pls advice.

Thank you

Message Edited by Sea_Monster on 09-12-2009 04:42 PM
Kudos0

Re: Why is my Remaining Activiation for 1 User after buying 2010 Renewal Sub. I should have 3 Users

You may not get a repy from a Symantec Staffer until after the weekend since they are surely resting up after launching NIS 2010. But note that none of the support staff here in the forums can sort out subscription matters since they do not have access to the data bases.

We havae very good reports from users with subscription problems who have used Chat or Email but since your failed with email try the Chat service. They are the people who can deal with it since they have access to your information and to the databases.

Be prepared to give them the details of any acknowledgement you received for you subscription renewal.

My boilerplate on Subscription problems is:

To contact customer support Click on this link and work on from there.

You can choose CHAT or Email; phone may have a long wait time.

Note that that link is to the USA/CAN website so if you are located elsewhere I'm sure you will be able to find the equivalent location on your local Symantec website; some pages have a link at the top right where you can select the country you are located in.

Please let us know how you get on.

Hugh
Kudos0

To contact customer support Click on this link and work on from there.

You can choose CHAT or Email; phone may have a long wait time.

Thank you so much.

Yeah...I shall try to contact them via CHAT.

Also, the link for Chat in Symantec website and the one on GET SUPPORT on the NIS 2010 (HELP & SUPPORT) are both the same.  I have problems using the HELP & SUPPORT on NIS2010.  I assumed I should use the Chat on Symantec Website.

Thank you

Kudos1 Stats

I wonder if you are misunderstanding the position.

Your originally purchased a 3 user licence. You presumably installed the licence on 2 machines leaving you with the ability to install it again on a 3 machine. All the licences expire 1 year after the date on which the licence is installed on the 1st machine.

When you renew a licence (as opposed to buying a new licence) you are just extending the licence for a further year. You do not get to install the renew lience on another 3 machines.

So your 3 user licence is extended for another year and you have already installed and therefore renewed the licence on 2 machines, and you are still allowed to install the licence on one more machine.

I dont see any issue here.

Kudos0

I would try the one in my message to you where the words in bold brown show an active link. It does redirect once but so far as I know that is the one to use.

I would be inclined not to use links in 2010 yet since they may not yet be fully functional. I have an error message coming up on one installation -- 3039,1 -- through One CLick which offers to fix it but then says the fix does not work but when I try to find the document it says they are using they don't appear to exist and the error number does not turn up. In fact the website says that NIS 2010 has no errors !!!!

See what they say about the point that cgoldman makes. He is correct that you don't start again as if you had no installations in use.

The new Norton Account tells you how many licences you purchased and how many you have left -- For example part of mine reads:

Product Name                      Expiration Date               Protection For                 Remaining Activations

Norton Internet Security      26 March 2010                     3 PCs                                     2 PCs

Sorry for the messy display but it's formated in frames and I can't get it to look here as it does in mine.

I would expect it to read the same after taking a renewal for 3 PCs but just the date changed.

Hugh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.