• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1 Stats

Why Nis 2013 Identity Safe can't auto login?

hi. about Identity Safe feature.

I updated from Nis 2012 to Nis 2013. All Identity Safe details they are in Nis 2013.

Also all settings made in Nis 2012 about Identity Safe all saved to Nis 2013. Until

here all fine.Saved also the auto login to Identity Safe when you login to Windows.

Now i did a clean fresh install of Nis 2013. But the problem is that the local vault gone

(very disappointed about this) and you have the option to setup a new account for

Online Vault. Why this happen? Is it safe?

Why you dont give us both options to choose what its best for us?

Please Symantec give us back the local vault.

Now that we stuck with online vault how we can do it in settings to auto login to Identity Safe when you login to Windows?

When you boot into Windows and open IE it asks you to put the password for Identity Safe.

I dont want to put it any time that i boot to Windows. Is there a setting to setup for this? I cant find it.

Symantec why you try to make our life difficult??? We want simplicity in our life, not headache.

Also if i want to delete all online vault details, how can i do it?

Please help me if anyone knows.

Be well. Spiros

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Why Nis 2013 Identity Safe can't auto login?

hi. about Identity Safe feature.

I updated from Nis 2012 to Nis 2013. All Identity Safe details they are in Nis 2013.

Also all settings made in Nis 2012 about Identity Safe all saved to Nis 2013. Until

here all fine.Saved also the auto login to Identity Safe when you login to Windows.

Now i did a clean fresh install of Nis 2013. But the problem is that the local vault gone

(very disappointed about this) and you have the option to setup a new account for

Online Vault. Why this happen? Is it safe?

Why you dont give us both options to choose what its best for us?

Please Symantec give us back the local vault.

Now that we stuck with online vault how we can do it in settings to auto login to Identity Safe when you login to Windows?

When you boot into Windows and open IE it asks you to put the password for Identity Safe.

I dont want to put it any time that i boot to Windows. Is there a setting to setup for this? I cant find it.

Symantec why you try to make our life difficult??? We want simplicity in our life, not headache.

Also if i want to delete all online vault details, how can i do it?

Please help me if anyone knows.

Be well. Spiros

Kudos1 Stats

Maybe the clean install caused your problem? I upgraded my NIS 2012 to NIS 2013 am still have my local vault. It asked me if I wanted to synchronize to an online vault or not, which I declined but it didn't make me convert!

Kudos1 Stats

yes , fresh install did this. very very annoying.

for the moment the solution is only to upgrade from Nis 2012 to Nis 2013

to keep the local vault.

now that i have 3 pc's with this licence(1 for me, 2 my dad, 3 my sister)

do i have to make for all separate online vault accounts so they save their own passwords?

Bad choice Symantec, BAD CHOICE. Can you hear us?

Kudos0

I actually backup my vault to my network server.  I'm assuming if I get a new PC I can just download the old vault before I install NIS and I will still keep the local option.

Kudos1 Stats

the only way to keep your local vault is to ugrade from nis 2012 to nis 2013 my friend. keep this in mind so you dont have bad surprises. now i'll remove nis 2013 build 20.1.0.24 Greek and i'll try to install nis 2013 EN build 20.1.1.2 to see if something changed in this problem, i hope it will.

if not i'll install nis 2012 save all things i want for identity safe local vault as the auto login when you boot into windows and

after that i'll upgrade to nis 2013 so to have local vault.

and all this happens because Symantec wanted to remove local vault and give us online vault.

i cant help my nerves with this problem.

VERY VERY DISAPOINTED WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos1 Stats

As far as I know the local vault was removed in the last beta version. I to am very disappointed in this. If the local vault is still gone in the final release then I will not upgrade to NIS 2013. I'll just have to wait and see. Is the Facebook thing still in the final release?

Kudos1 Stats

winapps wrote:

As far as I know the local vault was removed in the last beta version. I to am very disappointed in this. If the local vault is still gone in the final release then I will not upgrade to NIS 2013. I'll just have to wait and see. Is the Facebook thing still in the final release?

I can confirm the local vault is removed if you do a clean install.  If you do an upgrade install it's still there.  Also the Facebook thing is still there!

Kudos1 Stats

No local vault and the Facebook thing are killers for me. I know that I can keep my local vault if I upgrade but if something happens where I have no choice but to do a clean install then I would lose my local vault. I know I'm talking about an extreme situation where I lost my backups but it's not something I want to chance. As to the Facebook thing, it does not belong in any type of security software. I see enough of that on almost every website I go to. I don't want it as an add-on to my browser as well. Symantec has just lost a customer.

Kudos2 Stats

Hi djspiros,

Though I 100% agree and I and others are lobbying Symantec to bring back the local ID Safe vault there is no way they could ever have an online vault and allow it to do an auto logon. By the very nature of what an online vault is, you simply cannot configure it without a password and be safe...This would be a hackers heaven.

Let's just hope they bring back the local vault.

If you choose you can uninstall 2013, then reinstall 2012 to get back the local ID safe vault. Then upgrade to 2013 and it will remain. I do not consider this a real solution to the problem but in the short term it is a way in which you can get the local vault back.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32
Kudos2 Stats

Hi Folks,

Though I hope Symantec will add an option to disable the "share" feature, there is actually a security addition to the product with this feature. Any potential shared link is vetted through Safe Web and will alert the user if there is a potential risk of the link.

Please see this thread.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32
Kudos1 Stats

AllenM wrote:

If you choose you can uninstall 2013, then reinstall 2012 to get back the local ID safe vault. Then upgrade to 2013 and it will remain. I do not consider this a real solution to the problem but in the short term it is a way in which you can get the local vault back.

Best wishes.

Allen

Just a thought...

Since there have been several posts of this nature in numerous forums and threads, perhaps posting the direct download links for the current builds of the 2012 version products would be a handy nicety at this juncture?

After all, not everyone wishes to be conscripted into being a beta tester...

Kudos2 Stats

avjohnnie wrote:

AllenM wrote:

Best wishes.

Allen

Just a thought...

Since there have been several posts of this nature in numerous forums and threads, perhaps posting the direct download links for the current builds of the 2012 version products would be a handy nicety at this juncture?

After all, not everyone wishes to be conscripted into being a beta tester...

Ask and you shall receive!

English version of NIS 2012.

If anyone needs a different language let us know.

Best wishes.

Allen

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.