• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Why Upgrade to Norton 360

I keep getting a Norton Popup that is encouraging me to get a free upgrade to Norton 360. Why or why not should I upgrade? It does say in tiny print: terms apply.

Holly 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Why Upgrade to Norton 360

Here is an informational page you can check out. It is not an official Norton page, but the information is valid.

https://www.nortonsecurityonline.com/faq/art/what-is-the-difference-between-norton-internet-security-and-norton-360/

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

I did this 'free upgrade' a few months ago. Now it's due for renewal and they're charging twice as much as for the previous subscription. I don't want all the fancy extra features but I can't work out how to go back to the previous subscription. I have spent hours on this. There's no clear explanation anywhere. Seems like you have to cancel the existing (fancy, expensive one) and then take out a new cheaper one. Also that you have to uninstall the upgraded software then install the cheaper one. I wish I had never got suckered into the 'free' upgrade. And good luck finding the right product, it's a confusing nightmare.

Kudos0

debbos:

I did this 'free upgrade' a few months ago. Now it's due for renewal and they're charging twice as much as for the previous subscription. I don't want all the fancy extra features but I can't work out how to go back to the previous subscription. I have spent hours on this. There's no clear explanation anywhere. Seems like you have to cancel the existing (fancy, expensive one) and then take out a new cheaper one. Also that you have to uninstall the upgraded software then install the cheaper one. I wish I had never got suckered into the 'free' upgrade. And good luck finding the right product, it's a confusing nightmare.

You might try contacting Norton Support and asking to be returned to the older Norton Security product. Some users have done this successfully in the past. Although they were doing it shortly after making the switch.

www.norton.com/contactcs

Another option is to check with reputable retailers that often sell the same product at much lower prices.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.