• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Why would this error POPUP while doing a quick scan NIS2009?

Hi

I just did a quick scan and this pop up box popped up,I do remember taking the game disc out a bit to fast,with out clicking on exit on the game UI,Can I fix it by putting the game disc back in?? Sorry you have to wait till the picture clears.The pop up only occurs with the quick scan?

Cheers Mo Windows 7 64 bit, NIS2013

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Why would this error POPUP while doing a quick scan NIS2009?

Hi

I just did a quick scan and this pop up box popped up,I do remember taking the game disc out a bit to fast,with out clicking on exit on the game UI,Can I fix it by putting the game disc back in?? Sorry you have to wait till the picture clears.The pop up only occurs with the quick scan?

Kudos0

I fixed it by putting the disc back in letting it run then clicking exit and it has not popped up in any more,Don't know why it would throw the error during a scan?
Kudos0

Possibly left open files in the window's starting areas (files and memory) since the game / program was not exited properly.  This would have been stored and reloaded on each boot of the machine.  Do you clear your temp directories on shut down?
Win10 x64; Proud graduate of GeeksToGo
Kudos0

Probably not,where are they? Thanks for answering.
Kudos1 Stats

Click on Start | Run and type in %temp% and click OK.  An explorer window will pop up showing your ( the current user's ) temporary folder location.  You can select a file (any file) and then press CTRL + A to select all; hit DEL key and confirm the message to clean out your un-needed files. 

I do this manually before defragging my hard drives and I'm not sure but I think you can have windows clean out the files everytime you close / shut down.  I'll have to check and get back to you.

Kudos0

Hi

I followed your instructions but it said there is a hidden folder in there and would I like to delete that as well?? Does it matter there is a hidden folder?

I deleted the others and this is the hidden file.......... etilqs_ISJ1FFZE0h8DK44MPXIH  it is 0

Message Edited by mo on 04-25-2009 04:47 AM
Kudos0

I have never seen that file name before but that doesn't mean a thing.  All kinds of legitimate programs make all different types of temporary files as 'place holders' for data swapping, file building, etc.  Some may be hidden because they do not want you to delete them while the owner program is running.  Scan the directory with Norton and see what it says.
Kudos0

Ok

NIS2009 came up with a scan error Unable to open file etc maybe because another program is using it....

Malwarebytes scanned it and it's ok.Its name stayed the same but the numbers changed...in between I had gone into safe mode for a look!

Not worried just curious that a hidden file was in the %temp% section.Thanks for your help.

Kudos1 Stats

The etilqs temporary files belong to Firefox.  Every time you open Firefox it creates one of these (sqlite, backwards) to store session information.  These are benign.  When you close Firefox the current etilqs temp file will be automatically deleted.Message Edited by SendOfJive on 04-25-2009 01:17 PM
Kudos0

Thanks for the extra info SendOfjive
Kudos1 Stats

SendOfJive wrote:
The etilqs temporary files belong to Firefox.  Every time you open Firefox it creates one of these (sqlite, backwards) to store session information.  These are benign.  When you close Firefox the current etilqs temp file will be automatically deleted.Message Edited by SendOfJive on 04-25-2009 01:17 PM

Skype also creates those temp files as well

Bubbear

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.