• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos1 Stats

Win 10 Build 17046.rs 171118-1403 - GSOD -Norton Anti-virus scans

When Norton prompted me to do a virus scan, I pressed FIX NOW and the scan started and then the Green Screen of Death, GSOD, with the error: Memory Management. I selected Blue screen because it is similar.

When idle and the virus scan starts in the background, I return to a rebooted computer.

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Win 10 Build 17046.rs 171118-1403 - GSOD -Norton Anti-virus scans

Win 10 has replaced the Blue with Green.

First, has this happened more than once? If not, it is probably nothing to worry about. 

It is Windows that does the memory management, so if there is a problem, it may be something with your Windows installation. It might be worth checking your Windows installation. Click on Start and type CMD in the search box. Right click on cmd.exe and click on Run as Administrator. Type 'sfc /scannow' without the quotes. This will check your Windows installation and try to correct any errors it finds.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Windows 10 Build 17046.rs_prerelease.171118-1403 - GSOD - Since this build has come out I have been having issues with Norton trying to run a Simple QUICK SCAN in the mornings and when away from PC it will have the functionality in the background ran. Upon my return to my PC, I to come back to my Computer at reboot and login screen. This is of course the Same error as the others have posted and I am not the only one getting this error Message of "MEMORY MANAGEMENT". I have researched it and ran the same test and even ran the Lenovo Computer memory test and it passed. No Memory problems to note. I did the cmd Prompt and sfc /snanow and no errors found.

Windows Installation is perfectly fine.

I do not know what else to do! Please advise. I cannot have Norton running in the background and having this issue each and every time. (7 times now) from day one of the new build. I have notified Microsoft of the problem and have been told this is a SYMANTEC PROBLEM.

Thanks

Kudos0

If you are running a pre release version of Windows, this could be part of your problem. Norton is only certified to run on the retail released versions. 

If there is no good reason for you to be using the insider versions, you might as well move back to the release channel. Maybe that will resolve your issues.

Kudos0

Seems that Microsoft isn't playing well with others again.  Remember last year when several Anti-virus programs were all crashing because of a change made by MS. It is deja vu all over again (Yogi Berra).

Same here, sfc and memory tests all confirm all is okay... except for that annoying issue.

Question: What do we turn off so it prevents it?

Kudos0

If you are using the Windows insider editions and wish to move to the standard production versions, you can look at this MS Windows support article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10584/windows-10-stop-receiving...

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.