• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Win10, NS22.5.2.15 & Windows Defender

After the last string of Win 10 updates I noticed that 'Antimalware Service Executable' is showing up in Task Manager and Windows Defender is set to on in Settings-Update & Security-Windows Defender. It's just I'm sure NS was previously disabling that as it was providing the security solution for me instead?

Labels: Windows 10

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Re: Win10, NS22.5.2.15 & Windows Defender

Be sure you have done a complete shutdown to make sure all updates have been addressed.

If you use Win 10, an issue with Windows 10 is the Fast Start feature. With this enabled, you may not actually get a full shutdown, which is needed by Norton, and other programs, every once in a while to fully update itself. See this information from TenForums on how to turn off this feature. http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10...

You can also get a full shutdown if you right click on the Start Button and choose Restart from the Shut Down or Sign Out link.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thanks. A full system restart seemed to do the trick and NS disabled Windows Defender.

Kudos1 Stats

Glad I could help.

I'm new to Win 10 and am finding my way around using Google searches. Lota of fun!!

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.