• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos8 Stats

Windows 10 Build 14316 - constant unexpected reboot

eraserutilbootdrv.sys is causing unexpected reboots. Had 5 today already after installing the latest windows insider build. From WhoCrashed;

Thu 4/7/2016 5:10:02 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\040716-37390-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: eraserutilrebootdrv.sys (EraserUtilRebootDrv+0x1E10C)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF6FB7DBEDB30, 0x0, 0xFFFFF805F40AE10C, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys
product: ERASER ENGINE
company: Symantec Corporation
description: Symantec Eraser Utility Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: eraserutilrebootdrv.sys (Symantec Eraser Utility Driver, Symantec Corporation).
Google query: Symantec Corporation PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Labels:

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Windows 10 Build 14316 - constant unexpected reboot

Hello Myrdhinn

I have reported this issue t o Symantec/Norton. Let's see if they can provide any help with this. I think you are the first to report this.

What Norton product and what version number are you using?

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 270 I E 11 Chrome latest one
Kudos0

You (and others) my find it useful to scan this list of things fixed and not fixed but known in the Windows 10 PC 14316 preview build

Note that this is a release on the Fast Start system and far from Windows Update.

Here's what's been fixed and what's broken in the Windows 10 PC 14316 preview build

I would suggest that the Not Fixed is very partial!

Hugh
Kudos0

Just wanted to say that I have been experiencing the very same thing all day.  Win 10 build 14316 keeps giving BSOD and rebooting.

Error message says Page_fault_in_non_paged_area and says that what has failed is "EraserUntilRebootDrv.sys"

Looking at event dumps there is also a reference to "BHDrv64.sys" 

I believe that both of these sys files are related to Norton functioning?

Mine is Norton Security version 22.6.0.142. I just ran LiveUpdate so it is as updated as I can get it.

System reboots about every 20-30 minutes even if I just leave it alone.

Kudos0

me too  reboot every 30 min

Kudos0

Hi @Myrdhinn, @GeneJockey & @inesherzl,

Thanks for reporting this issue. I have sent you a private message requesting for more details and dumps via forums. Please check it when you get a chance. Also, let us know if issue persists in below cases.

- When system is booted in Safemode
- When Windows 10 clean boot is performed

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Same Problem here with the driver BHDrvx64.sys. Uninstalling Norton Internet Security seems to have solved it (from a BSOD point of view). Will try reinstalling now to see if the problem was caused by a registry issue.

Attached a minidump file to help

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

Hello sfoster_aus

Please send a private message to Sunil_GA that you have the issue also. He will give you instructions on how to gather logs and you can mention the dump you have attached to your post. He may give you further instructions on how to submit to him. Use the little Inbox with an envelop on it on the upper right side of the page of the Forum.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 270 I E 11 Chrome latest one
Kudos1 Stats

@Sunil_GA

I have uploaded my compressed memory file and notified you via private message.

I have not yet tried either clean boot or safemode. Problem is that this is an error that I do not know how to "force" so it means just waiting around to see if it will happen or not. When I have more time to let my system sit idle after either a safemode boot or a clean boot I will try that but right now cannot tie my machine up for a couple of hours to do the "wait and see".

Thanks for your attention to this. Much appreciated!

Kudos1 Stats

@Sunil_GA

@floplot

While I can't (or at least have not) been able to actually verify this, I *think* the BSOD issue *may* be initiated when NS goes into its background mode to optimize performance and do other background tasks. So far, as long as I am working actively on my machine, I have not seen any BSOD. But as soon as it is idle for a while - boom - I get the above-mentioned BSOD and the machine reboots. I always know when this has happened since I walk away from my computer and when I come back it is no longer showing my desktop but instead my lock screen and has clearly restarted in my absence.

I did see a couple of references to this issue on the Windows Feedback Hub for insider input, and at least one other poster there surmised the same thing - that this was related to NS background tasks.

In case that helps....

Kudos1 Stats

@Sunil_GA

@floplot

@GeneJockey

I agree with Gene, this only happens about 5 mins after I stop using my Surface. Looks to me like a background process that initiates when the computer is idle.  Have the exact same experience as Gene.

Steve

Kudos0

sfoster_aus:

@Sunil_GA

@floplot

@GeneJockey

I agree with Gene, this only happens about 5 mins after I stop using my Surface. Looks to me like a background process that initiates when the computer is idle.  Have the exact same experience as Gene.

Steve

Empirically at least I can now really confirm this. As long as I am working on my desktop, the issue seems to be held at bay. I don't know how long I can go, but at least 45 minutes or more. As soon as the computer it is idle (for about 10 minutes in my case), the BSOD triggers every single time.  

Kudos1 Stats

Same problem here with Windows Build 14316, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Bluescreen shows faulting module as EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys 

Looking at the minidmp though it's showing the faulting module as BHDrvx64.sys

Both being part of NIS. I was able to reproduce the problem by doing a quick scan. I noticed I was getting reboots while the system was idle, so it is apparently occurring when NIS starts its system idle scans.

I have disabled scanning until the problem is resolved.

NIS version: 22.6.0.142

Charles

Kudos1 Stats

OK, Reinstalling does not fix the problem. Forcing a manual scan also caused a blue screen at around 20%. So it is definitely a driver conflict with something MS has changed in Build 14316. (64Bit).  Rolling back to use Windows Defender until a fix is published on this device.

Kudos0

I can confirm experiencing the same issue with Build 14316 64bit

Kudos0

I had the same experience with 2 Pc ( Desktop AND HP DV 7 laptop) both with Windows 10, build #14316 64bit .

I returned on 14295 build until a solution is provided from Norton..

Kudos0

I am having the BHDrvx64.sys error on my laptop & the EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys error on my desktop, both on build 14316. Happens everytime the system goes idle and a scan starts.

Kudos0

the only fix for now is remove the software and wait a fix update from norton

Kudos1 Stats

Jean Luc

I returned on 14295 build until a solution is provided from Norton..

Best thing to do since this is a pre-release build of Windows 10. Norton is working to investigate what's going on but the solution may lie with Microsoft ...... 

Hugh
Kudos0

Build 14316.rs1_release.160402-2217

Problem is duplicated when NIS performs an idle scan

Problem duplicated when initiating a manual scan.

Utilizing Windows Defender as interim solution.

Kudos0

I'm having the same problem. If I leave my machine for long, it crashes and reboots.
Kudos0

Experiencing same issues here with Windows 10 x64 build 14316 and NSBU build 22.6.0.142.

Kudos0

Likewise. 3 x BSOD within the last couple of hours, all due "EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys". In 2 cases I was away from my PC, however one time my PC was quite busy - playing a full-screen UStream streaming HD video through Edge browser. Outlook and Google Chrome were also running and I was doing things on Chrome.

Running Windows 10 Pro Insider build 1431 x64.

Norton Internet Security with Backup v 22.6.0.142.

Kudos0

Exactly the same problem with my Desktop PC & my Surface3Pro since installing 14316.

Five or 10mins after stopping using my machine it crashes.  And what's almost as annoying is that it says that it'll collect data & reboot, but it never reboots !

I've tried (simply) turning off all the auto-scanning & will see if that stops the BSOD.

Kudos0

I am also having this issue, I get bsod every time I initiate a scan or it does one in the background.  A fix would be good please.

Kudos0

Same issue here on Dell Desktop and HP Laptop.  Even going into the settings and disabling the product "permanently" still allows some activity and causes BSOD.  

Tried Kapersky and it will not install on a build later than 14295.  

I'm not comfortable with "Windows Defender" so this is a deal-breaker for this build for me.

For me:

Issue originates with File BHDrvx64.sys in C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Norton Security with Backup\NortonData\22.1.0.9\Definitions\BASHDefs\20160405.001

BSOD Error: Page Fault in NonPaged Area

64 bit System/ Verified as using the latest Norton Version available with live updates done just prior to initiating installation of build. 

I attempt uninstall of Norton product on the Dell and it froze. Had to use Norton Removal Tool. Uninstall went smoothly on HP.  

Did system image just prior to build install so I just rolled back to prior build and set builds to delay for 5 days and will keep doing so until Norton patches or next build specifically states this issue is fixed and/or MS sends out an update patch itself.

Kudos0

Yep, same problem here. Crashes consistently after 10 minutes or so idle. Will delete until they can fix it. I hate the idea of using windows defender, but this crash takes out my router as well when it occurs (??!!) - I unplug the ethernet cable and the router and wireless suddenly start working again - weird.

Kudos0

I re-imaged back to 14295 and used the norton tool to wipe out Norton. Installed Kapersky, worked fine, but upgrading to new build broke it too...same with Bitdefender. Could not even submit feedback..usually not enough time when norton was up before it crashed out and when it did not, Feeback hub insisted I was not online when I was online fine.  This build has a lot of polish and a lot of good features but does not play well with any antivirus software but Windows Defender. I personally think Windows Defender is about as close as you can get to having no protection without actually having no AV software.  Dealbreaker for me. I let the MS folks on Twitter know of the issue and even DM one who I've worked with in the past. I'm back to the prior build and that's where I'll stay until Norton patches the product for this new build. If they don't I'll just have to re-image back to production build 1511. 

Kudos0

I've also rolled-back to 14295 as there doesn't seem to be an option - which can be disabled - which returns any form of stability.

Need to wait for either Microsoft or Norton to patch this as build 14316 is currently (almost) completely unusable.

Kudos0

I am experiencing the same issue with Win 10 build 14316 - every time that Norton Security begins an idle time scan, i get the BSOD with either eraserutilrebootdrv.sys or eraserutildrv11520.sys as the probable culprits. This happens even if the computer is left at the login screen and usually 20-30 mins after being idle. If i  am using the computer, especially playing a game, the idle time scan doesn't begin so that is at least a partial blessing. Also, if i put the computer to sleep if I know that i will be afk then it will wake up without incident... still an inconvenience... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kudos0

Posted Feedback in Windows Feedback under: "Windows Installation and Setup: Build 14316 Norton Internet Security and Backup BSOD/PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA". Referenced engineers to google search this forum page for other related BSOD errors. Please upvote.

If you do your own feedback, please include reference to this forum's thread. Not sure if you can hyperlink, but at least state "google search" terms like I did and point them here, if you could.

Kudos1 Stats

I also have experienced this multiple restart issue since Installing Build 14316 earlier in the week. Eventually had to remove Norton to stop problem after trying Safe Mode, Clean Boots, Reinstalls. Have advised MS of the issue with this Windows Release. I believe Norton should become a Windows Insider (if they are not already), and see how these new releases perform with Norton (on a timely basis), or as in this case, not work. As a user of Norton products for many years, I wouldn't like to see the many benefits of Norton lost due to software compatibility issues, or a "crowding out" of the product. It is in MS' and Norton's best interests to get this to work well. With other Vendors affected as well as noted in other posts, seems there is something pretty fundamental in Windows 10 14316 at the root of this.

Kudos3 Stats

@DMor and others.

MS are making a lot of changes to Windows 10 especially to OneCore and other core services to improve performance. These issues should be expected. Don't forget that this is an insider preview, (work in progress) not a finished product and is for Testing use only, NOT PRODUCTION. I am more than sure that these issues will be ironed out by both MS and Symantec as we get close to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Release in the Northern Summer.

I know many insiders are using these builds on their daily device however they do this at their own peril as the product is not fit for production use yet.

Kudos1 Stats

That is true and I believe everyone knows the risks/benefits of being an insider, but bringing issues like this to the attention of MS and Norton is part of the duty of an insider, so they can work it from both ends and see how many people are impacted.  I have no doubt there are "insider" machines running the latest build at all the major AV vendors.  What may NOT be known, unless reported in forums like this, and through the Feedback Hub, is the scope of the issue. That impacts the priority of the issue, not so much from the MS end, but from the AV vendor end as they risk the financial bottom lime should they fail to make the required changes. I run a dual boot system with identical software on each system, one the 1511 build and one the latest insider build, so if there is a critical error like this, I can easily boot into the 1511 build if I had gone ahead with staying on 14316. Unfortunately, relying just on Windows Defender is a risk to my system (attached external HD containing data), so I would not feel comfortable spending any length of time "playing around with 14316".  That's why this bug is a showstopper for me going forward.  When Norton issues a patch around this, I'll upgrade again to 14316 and give it a go. 

Kudos0

@JJ1968. Totally agree on our roles as Insiders. Just not in a production environment as some are. As long as the issues are resolved by GA Day Most Likely Patch Tuesday in August, then we are all good. I am sure some of the vendors are on the internal rings at MS as well :)

Kudos0

I don't know if this will help I have Norton security 2016 and under settings then administrative settings there is an option to turn off the idle time optimizer and performance monitoring. I have also set idle timeout to the highest it could go which is 30min. I had just done this before I walked my dog around the block which takes at least 10-15 minutes and when I got back my laptop had not rebooted. I have yet to tell it to perform a manual scan but hopefully this will help some with the reboot issue some are having with the idle timeout. I am Windows Insider Build 14316. Just tried a quick scan and got a blue screen and reboot so that's still broken but hopefully turning off idle optimizations fixes the reboot if left idle.

Kudos0

I tried that too..disabling all I could of the program but some portion remained active and invariably rebooted the machine.  The only real option is to uninstall.  This is not the only time I had issues with Norton.. once in the run-up to the public release of Windows 10,  I had to sit out a build. I don't remember which one in the (northern) Spring of 2015 also caused Norton to fail, after upgrade, so I simply sat that one out until a patch was produced from Norton and there were no more issues all the way to the July release.  This I am sure is quite similar. I think the Redstone/Anniversary build has simply evolved past what the current build of Norton can handle.  14316 will probably be a lot like the final release, with primarily bugfixes and minor UI changes from here on out, (if they are talking a release 3 months from now) so we are likely to see Norton producing a patch which will be good for subsequent builds as soon as they can figure it out.  Might be a week or two though, so unless you're comfortable with Windows Defender, you might want to sit tight at 14295.  Use the feature to delay builds for 5 days and then resume on day 4 then immediately re-suspend for 5 days.  Continue doing so until a Norton or MS release a patch/build which fixes the issue.  That avoids the whole ring-changing never get a new build issue many run into. 

Kudos0

jjj

I have no doubt there are "insider" machines running the latest build at all the major AV vendors.

Reported here that Kaspersky refuses to install ...... Have you seen the list of things that MS say they fixed in this release and that they equally say they have not fixed so are still there and known to MS ..... ? 

Hugh
Kudos4 Stats

I too have also been struck by this BSOD but I was able to quickly create a workaround that would let Norton Security continue to run (i.e. provide protection) but just not do any of the idle tasks.

The problem, even though reported in the blue screen as EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys​ it's actually being caused by another Symantec driver file: BHDrvx64.sys. This is what Windows 10 Pro Insider will report if you try to debug it or even just use NirSoft BlueScreenView on it. Basically, this means that, if this was Linux for example: the CPU is entering a panic state while already in a panic state. You're getting a double BSOD essentially.

Anyways, the workaround I am doing until Norton and/or Microsoft fix this:

• Right Click the Norton Security Icon
  • Click "Turn Silent Mode On"
  • Set "Silent Mode" to "1 Day"
  • Repeat this by turning silent mode off and back on for one day before the 24 hours are up

​This prevents the background idle tasks from occurring which is what is resulting in the BSOD.

Your other option is to of course go back to the last build but as Insiders on the Fast Ring these things are expected to crop up from time to time and we are the people that are supposed to know how to work around them.

Hopefully Symantec can push out a patch soon but I too have also reported this issue to Microsoft with a screen capture via the Feedback Hub.

Norton Security with Backup: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (Fast Ring) 64bit // Windows 10 Pro 64bit (Parallels Desktop for Mac) // Windows 10 Pro 64bit // Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Kudos0

Thanks very much!
it seems that it really helped

Regards

Louis

Kudos0

until MS, or Norton comes up with a fix, I uninstalled Norton, and temporarily installed AVG Free. I know, Sacrilege. but for the time being, crashes have ceased, no need for a clean install of the current build, or rolling back to the previous build. i have no doubt a fix will be issued before the release of the next build, and we can all go back to our normal antiviral ways of life. this is not the first time Norton and windows 10 have not played well together. Obviously MS wants us to use win defender, and are not thrilled with third party software. i found this to be true during the very early builds of win 10. it actually wasn't till the official release, i was able to install a stable version of Norton on my PC. hope this helps.

Kudos1 Stats

@jfalbanese

"Obviously MS wants us to use win defender, and are not thrilled with third party software".

That is a pretty loose statement. Windows Defender only exists as MS had a problem where too many people would not invest in AV products and MS was getting a bad name because they were easy targets. If MS did not like 3rd party software why do they spend so much time and money on the Developer Community. Without 3rd Party Apps Windows would be dead, just look at the challenges Windows 10 Mobile is facing. Companies like Symantec are even deeper embedded in MS than you think with people working alongside MS Developers in the labs in Redmond. - I know this as I am an ex-Microsoft employee heavily focused on the Developer Community. The main reason issues like this happen are because Symantec has not yet had enough time to test and resolve issues around changes to the Core Windows OS. That is why it is not a final version - Only an insider release for TESTING. These issues will be addressed before Windows 10 Anniversary Edition is released this Northern Summer.

Please keep comments to fact around issues and workarounds rather than throwing around conspiracy theories that aim to inflame.

Thanks

Kudos0

I can confirm that Norton is aware of the issue and a team is already working on it, via a DM from a Norton support tech and I can also confirm that Microsoft folks have already looked at this thread just recently and are also aware of it, so I'm sure we'll see a fix relatively soon. 

Kudos0

1. the only person who said anything about a conspiracy was you. i never made any such accusation. i am a loyal MS, and Norton user for the last 20 yrs.

2. the reason you can't put a Honda starter in a ford pick-up, is Ford wants you to buy from them exclusively. that's just standard business practice. totally makes sense to me if i was in business. MS is no different in that respect. MS wants to be a one stop shopping for your computer needs. meaning OS, AV, applications and alike. computer nerds like us who would prefer to customize our own computing experience to suit our needs, would never allow them to do that to us. No conspiracy, just give and take between consumer and merchant., and once again common sense business practice if they want to remain competitive in this industry.  if you want further proof, open the update and security tab, and show me the spot for third party AV that should be integrated into the security tab, as it was in the security center on previous OS.

3 i did give a workaround to the problem in case anyone was reading. please don't assume i would want to slander anyone especially merchants i have a long term relationship with. if MS can't take a little criticism from it's loyal users, then perhaps they should hand off their business interests to more open minded people.

Kudos0

Not getting into a war on words with you. That is not the goal. Good idea on the Security Tab integration. Request the feature via Windows Feedback. For the record my comments do not reflect those of MSFT. As I said, former employee :)
Kudos0

@sfoster_aus thanks for posting that zip dump file.  One of the folks at MS pulled it down and are using the data as well.  I referred them to this thread.

Kudos0

Same issue in here, my Surface Pro3 always reboot automatically when it is on idle maybe for 10 minutes. For now, I'll try Guardian Hope temporary solution and let's see what happen.

Surface Pro3 - Windows 10 Pro Insider (Fast Ring) | ASUS N43S - Windows 10 Pro Insider (Fast Ring)
Kudos0

Great to hear. Tell them to reach out if they need more info
Kudos0

Hello

It looks like some people have posted to Microsoft Forum also about this issue. There is a response from a Microsoft Employee also. He asks you to try the same thing that Sunil requested. I do hope you people have responded to his questions that he asked for.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/pagefaultinnonpagedarea-eraserutilrebootdrvsys/36468e63-a5eb-4b82-9079-b03f06f1985d?auth=1

Thanks

Kudos0

Guardian Hope:

I too have also been struck by this BSOD but I was able to quickly create a workaround that would let Norton Security continue to run (i.e. provide protection) but just not do any of the idle tasks.

The problem, even though reported in the blue screen as EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys​ it's actually being caused by another Symantec driver file: BHDrvx64.sys. This is what Windows 10 Pro Insider will report if you try to debug it or even just use NirSoft BlueScreenView on it. Basically, this means that, if this was Linux for example: the CPU is entering a panic state while already in a panic state. You're getting a double BSOD essentially.

Anyways, the workaround I am doing until Norton and/or Microsoft fix this:

• Right Click the Norton Security Icon
  • Click "Turn Silent Mode On"
  • Set "Silent Mode" to "1 Day"
  • Repeat this by turning silent mode off and back on for one day before the 24 hours are up

​This prevents the background idle tasks from occurring which is what is resulting in the BSOD.

Your other option is to of course go back to the last build but as Insiders on the Fast Ring these things are expected to crop up from time to time and we are the people that are supposed to know how to work around them.

Hopefully Symantec can push out a patch soon but I too have also reported this issue to Microsoft with a screen capture via the Feedback Hub.

I am not 100% familiar with what silent mode exactly does. Well, more to the point what it 'doesn't'. Does putting the software in perpetual silent mode in any way diminish threat assessment or resolution? No point having it on silent if that means that there is some diminishing of the very function we pay for. Can you, or at least someone else more knowledgeable than me, please comment on the potential harm, if any, of silent mode? Thanks. 

Kudos0

From page 121 of the manual, this is about all I could find on Silent mode, nothing as to what "background activities" are but page 57 gives us a little insight:

First from page 121:

About the Silent Mode that you turn on
manually

Your Norton product lets you manually turn on Silent
Mode for a specified duration. When Silent Mode is
turned on, your Norton product suppresses alerts and
suspends background activities for the duration that you
specify. You can verify the turn-on status of Silent Mode
in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.
The Norton product icon in the notification area changes
from yellow outer circle to gray to display the turn-on
status of Silent Mode. Turning on Silent Mode manually
before you perform your tasks helps you prevent alerts,
notifications, or background activities interrupting you
for the specified duration.

You can turn on Silent Mode for the allowable duration.
After the specified duration, your Norton product turns
off Silent Mode. You can also manually turn off Silent
Mode at any time. Your Norton product notifies you after
Silent Mode is turned off. The activities that are
suspended when Silent Mode is turned on run after
Silent Mode is turned off.

From Page 57:

Monitoring background jobs of your Norton product
The Background Tasks window provides the details
of the background tasks that your Norton product
performs and lets you view and monitor the background
tasks. Your Norton product runs most of the background
tasks when your computer is idle. Performing all
background tasks when your computer is idle helps your
computer to run at peak efficiency when you use your
computer. However, you can manually start or stop a
task at any time. You can also specify the Idle Time
Out duration. After the Idle Time Out duration is
reached, your Norton product identifies the computer
as idle and runs the background tasks.
To monitor background jobs
1 In the Norton product main window, click Settings.
2 In the Settings window, under Detailed Settings,
click Administrative Settings.
3 In the Background Tasks row, click Configure.
4 In the Background Tasks window, view the details
of background jobs.
Monitoring your system's performance 57
About System Insight
5 Do one of the following:
1 To run a background job, click the play icon that
appears before the name of the background job.
1 To stop a running background job, click the stop
icon that appears before the name of the
background job.
6 Click Close

The attached ZIP file shows screen shots of those background jobs, note some are grayed out so I am not sure if those are among the activities which can be stopped by the manual process. Clicking the icon to the left will only "run" or "stop" that specific task. 

Has anyone had total success for the entire 24 hour period or has anyone been able to prevent the BSOD using that method?  I suppose if you are still on the 14316 build and have set the options as described by Guardian Hope; you could try running each task independently one at a time and see which task or if any/all the tasks trigger the BSOD.  Alternatively, if someone has had a BSOD despite following Guardian's hope instructions to a "T" that would indicate one of the tasks that are not stoppable is also triggering the BSOD.  Norton is aware of the issue and has a team working on it and Microsoft is also working on it as well.  Hopefully a fix soon from one side or the other.

File Attachment: 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.