• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Windows 7 and Norton Internet Security v 22.10.1.10

OK as one of my 3 devices on my current subscription, it is a windows 7 desktop PC. That one has Norton Internet Security  but only

v 21.7.0.11. Can this machine be able to have Norton INTERNET Security v 22.10.1.10? Does that work on windows 7?

If so how do I get it up to that version? (without doing a uninstall/reinstall). Like if I select check for updated version ( or however it is stated) will it move me to NORTON SECURITY Product? I dont want that

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Windows 7 and Norton Internet Security v 22.10.1.10

Hello g_arm

You can get NIS 22.10.1.10 but the under the hood is practically the same thing as Norton Security. You  would have to buy the Norton Security product to get NS 22.10.1.10. By staying with NIS, you are restricting yourself to only being able to use the product on up to 3 devices with no cellphones, or tablets or Macs.

If you have a current subscription, you can update to 22.10.1.10 Sure it works on Win 7. It works on all the o/s's.  You can use this link to get it.

www.norton.com/latestnis  Please run Live Update restarting as requested. Please continue running Live Update until you see  it say that there are  no more updates. Restart one more time to make sure it gets into your system. Please go over the settings since they are different from 21.7. Make sure you are finished that you have    22.10.1.10

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.10.1.10 I E 11
Kudos1 Stats

Click on Help and then on New Version Check. That should offer you the 22.x.x.x. version.

After the update, be sure you run LiveUpdate manually a few times, restarting as necessary, until no updates are available.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

would that still keep the product as Norton INTERNET Security?

Kudos0

I cannot say for sure. But as long as you are on the 22.x.x.x version, it is functionally the same as the newer products. So no reason to stay behind just because of a name change.

Plus, with Internet Security you are probably only allowed to install on 3 PCs. The newer Norton Security Deluxe will allow installation and protection for 5 devices, including Macs, PCs, and mobile devices.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.