• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Windows 7 blue screen error after installing Norton antivirus 2010.

I have a Toshiba L510 running Win 7 HP. After installing NAV my PC became slow and when I restarted my PC there was a blue screen error and NAV stopped working. Can anyone give me any suggestions why it occured?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Windows 7 blue screen error after installing Norton antivirus 2010.

Do you receive the blue screen error on every restart? If so, what is the STOP error that you receive? It would be something like  0x00000019.

Do you have any other security products installed in your computer? Did you have any Norton product installed before you install NAV?

Are you able to open the Norton product? Do you receive any error messages?

Vineeth

Kudos0

well i had the trial version NIS 2010 which already came installed with the laptop. the blue screens actually started with that. i later uninstalled that and installed the full version of NAV2010. after installing the next restart resulted in a blue screen.

Kudos0

Hi,

Please let us know the stop error that you receive.

How did you uninstall the trial version? Did you run the Norton Removal Tool? Do you have any other security products installed such as McAfee?

Vineeth

Kudos0

I uninstalled using norton uninstaller. I am uploading the .dmp files please can you analyze them and suggest why this error occured. Now i am using windows security essentials and since installing that i have had no problems at all and the laptop is also running smoothly.  

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.