• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Windows Defender and NS 22.14.0.54

For some reason i have to use the tool erase and reinstall norton and  i did the restart so far all good norton in reinstalled with version 22.12.104 and windows defender is turn off several updates later i have 22.14.054 and windows defender is turn on and working with norton i notice when right click on a archive dont show Norton Security only Windows defender and the windows center show firewall by defender active, i did all the scans the quick, complete and Power eraser and pc clean i do scan complete with windows defender and show virus in the file: C:\Program Files\Norton Security\Norton Security\NortonData\22.12.0.104\Definitions\WebProtectionDefs\20180416.301\hlinks\Identifiers.xml.data and others file of norton.

File Attachment: 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Windows Defender and NS 22.14.0.54

Hello Arkangel

This is what happens when  you run 2 antivirus programs at one time. Please  turn off Windows Defender and close the Windows Firewall. They are only supposed to come on if you uninstall Norton temporarily. It might have come on while you had uninstalled Norton while doing the remove and reinstall of Norton.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi @Arkangel,

Thanks for reporting in Norton Community Forums. I have sent you a private message requesting logs and more details for further investigation. 

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Hello Sunil_GA my version of Norton is

22.14.0.54 and here the logs.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.