• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

windows update problem after updating NIS to 22.7.0.75

After updating NIS to 22.7.0.75 I can't run Windows Update. CPU usage is very high but nothing happens. Help !

Replies

Kudos0

Re: windows update problem after updating NIS to 22.7.0.75

Yes, i have this problem too.

Are you getting the red flags as well to say you security is turned off?

Kudos0

Yes but this is not as big problem as windows update

Kudos0

I have the same thing happening.  I have the current update.  @davey00, I read on another Norton support page that said not to be concerned about the red flags saying it's turned off.  As long as the green is lit on the Norton logo, Norton is working.  The post said they tested this extensively and found it's a communication error between the action center and Norton.  However, I do think that this may also be the reason why I can't connect to Windows update at the moment because the red flags are also mentioning defender and the firewall not being active.  I don't know.  I'm just guessing, hoping to find the answer here.

Accepted Solution
Kudos4 Stats

The Windows Update issue for Win 7 is not a Norton issue.  This has been a known issue that rears its' head on Patch Tuesdays.  It's been happening for a while now.  It's just unfortunate that Norton released an update during a Windows Update patch day.  For more info see

http://www.askwoody.com/2016/win7-users-install-kb-3161664-to-speed-up-windows-update-scans/

Kudos0

Thank you very much this resolve my problem.

Kudos0

@Brocktoon, thanks for that.  I managed to get my WU working last night and kb 3161664 was one of the updates that was delivered with the other windows updates... So thanks for the heads up...

Kudos0

I used the windows vista version of Brocktoons solution and it fixed my windows update issue, thanks.

Kudos0

Hello

Patch 22.7 has been pulled.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Kudos0

Hello

Here is Sunil's post about the pulling of 22.7

Sunil_GA Admin

Administrator30

Re: action center saying Norton is not running after the 22.7.0.75 update

Posted: 17-Jun-2016 | 8:24PM • Permalink new

Update:

Customers who have already received the Norton 22.7 update do NOT need to uninstall and reinstall the previous version. Symantec is working on a fix to be released shortly to address the issue where "Windows Action Center incorrectly reports the Norton Security status." This issue does not impact the security of the pc as long as the Norton product reports its features are enabled.

A larger version

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

ITMA. Vista 32.
NIS v 22.7.0.76 received.
Security Center reporting correctly.

Routine tested v22.7.0.76 in the usual manner, OK
Be safe out there !
"It's That Man Again."
The Silver Surfer. AK. ( OLD; BUT, NOT AGED. )

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.