Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Wordpress site verification
I have a blog with WordPress and I'm trying to get the Norton Safe Site designator. I've read the forums but they are all incomplete. Would you please answer the following questions:
1. Can I enter the required information in a text widget?
2. If I can use a text widget, is it better to use verification method 1 or 2, or does it make any difference?
3. Once I get the information in the right place, do I need to contact you again (as many others have had to do) to handle the verification manually or is it something you can do automatically?
4. Are there any security issues with having the information on my blogsite while I wait for verification and at what point can I remove the information? The instructions seem to indicate that this is a two step process...you need to find the info and then there is a two week waiting period.
5. Wouldn't it be easier for everyone involved if you had an instruction sheet for Wordless users. We all use similar themes and it looks like you get a lot of questions about this matter.