• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton antispam plugin & Outlook

Does anyone know the reason why Outlook 2007 crashes and disables the Norton antispam plugin ? I know how to re-activate the plugin (as already described in this forum), but I did not find the reason of the crash, and the way to avoid it.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton antispam plugin & Outlook

I am not aware of any reason for Outlook to crash under normal operating conditions. If it is crashing and disables a feature in Norton it could be that it is infected. Have you run any scans?

Dick

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Kudos0

Re: Norton antispam plugin & Outlook

Hello

There were some Office updates which included Outlook. I would suggest that you delete the entry for Outlook in the firewall and let outlook create new rules for itself. This may allow the spam button to work also. There have been reports about some of this month's Office updates causing problems. If you are running Win 8, please turn off Fast Startup. That causes problems also with programs.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.