• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Restaurer des fichiers.

Est-il possible de protéger la restauration de fichiers sauvegardés en ligne par un mot de passe?
Toutes les actions sont protégées sauf la restauration?
Merci

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Restaurer des fichiers.

assisted by Google translate.
I'm not sure I understand your question. You can password protect the files you place in a backup file. But when you restore that file to your computer there should be no need to add password protection. Your username and password to gain your desktop should be adequate.
There are other devices to protect files, such as encryption, but they should be used carefully and only when you fully understand their uses and limitation.
If I'm misunderstanding your question, please post again and maybe I will get it the second time around.

assisté par Google translate.
Je ne suis pas sûr que je comprends votre question. Vous pouvez mot de passe protéger les fichiers que vous placez dans un fichier de sauvegarde. Mais lorsque vous restaurez ce fichier sur votre ordinateur, il ne sera pas nécessaire d'ajouter une protection par mot de passe. Votre nom d'utilisateur et mot de passe de gagner votre bureau devrait être suffisant.
Il existe d'autres dispositifs pour protéger les fichiers, telles que le cryptage, mais ils doivent être utilisés avec prudence et seulement lorsque vous comprendre leurs usages et limitation.
Si je suis malentendu votre question, s'il vous plaît poster à nouveau et peut-être que je vais obtenir la deuxième fois.

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Kudos0

The problem is that anybody (?) having access to my computer can retrieve, download any file from my backup online site. Opening the "Norton security with backup" menu, all actions, (modify, deactivate...), are password protected (my configuration) except the restore option that can't be protected if I'm not missing anything!
The two files attached shows how, and all I have, last step, is to click on retrieve and the file is restored.
The file "in the example (one file selected 1,36Kb)" is located in an encrypted folder on my computer but on the backup site it's not because I want to give access to another person.
Is there any way to protect the restore option by a password?

Thanks

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

OK, in English

In order to do that they would have to enter your username and password to access your profile on the computer. If you have given that out shame on you. To verify this create another user on your computer and try to access your online backup account.

Dick

Kudos0

Noooooooooo;

I'm a physician and my substitute must use my profile to be able to access my patient’s data base!
It's abnormal that all actions in "Norton security with backup" are password protected except his most important item "Restore files".
I'm sure that you approve my point of view now!

Kudos0

Your substuitute can have a different profile with access to patient data without access to your backup / recover configuration

Kudos0

Good morning;
Impossible because the data base program is linked to my profile with "social security card reader" and credit card reader (same machine) that's why my substitue must use my profile.
Nevertheless, I don't understand why the restore command is, and the only one command, not password protected???

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.