• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Do speed slow with WiFi Privacy/VPN?

I am looking at the Norton WiFi Privacy/VPN option to increase security.  Does using this product mean that you get slower speeds?  Is there a VPN node in Australia?

Cheers

Kingsley

[Edit: Thread originally posted in German Forum "Andere Norton Produkte"  and moved by Admin for better chance of response. Also marked "need a solution/response"] 2017-03-27BS

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Do speed slow with WiFi Privacy/VPN?

A couple of users have reported speed reductions using the VPN. I have not seen this, but I am only on a 15Mbps download connection. I'll see if I can get any information on speed limitations.

Yes there is an Australian presence in the NWP product.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Re: Do speed slow with WiFi Privacy/VPN?

On my desktop, it depends on which server gets auto chosen, as per common sense, the closer the server the faster your speeds will be. Overall, once you turn on NWP, and first load your browser, this can lag a little as it establishes, but once loaded, I can tell no real difference between page loading times, it is fairly quick.

On mobile, basically the same as above can be said. This of course also depends on the speed of your ISP as well when not on 4G.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.