• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Chase Bank won't sign in

Prior thread from 2017 closed prematurely with no fixes by Norton.

Won't fill in logon, nor will it save if I manually type it in.  Identity Safe shows proper credentials are stored.

Issue on Firefox, Chrome, and IE.

https://secure05b.chase.com/web/auth/dashboard#/dashboard/index/index

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Chase Bank won't sign in

Banking sites sometimes change something on their login pages for security reasons. When these changes happen, they can interfere with ID Safe operation on that page. Norton needs to be made aware of these changes so ID Safe can be updated to handle them correctly.

From your browser, click on the ID Safe icon at the right of the browser address bar. Then be sure the vault is open. Then click the icon again, then on the 3 dots at the bottom right. Then click on Feedback and submit the web site information.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

I already did that.  No problems on other bank sites just Chase.  As I mentioned this issue was reported in 2017 and thread was closed with no resolution even though Norton said it was working on it--see this thread-

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/chase-banking-ident-safe-not-work...

Kudos0

The check box for "Remember my User ID"  feather at the Chase sign in address https://chaseonline.chase.com/Logon.aspx?fromLoc=ALL&LOB=COLLogon has been disabled by Chase for over a year maybe as many as three  years. I've seen a notice on other financial/merchant sites that those sites don't permit browsers (and accessories?) to do so as well.

The page on the server controls the vertical, it controls the horizontal, we can .... this is The Outer Limits

J

Kudos0

A couple of clarifications.

From the other thread, did you finally create a cloud vault? If not, only IE is compatible with your local vault. So we would have to work with that.

It has been since last May when your other thread was created. There has been lots of time for Chase to have changed their login page since then. So even if you had reported it then, it is worth reporting it again now.

BTW   Forum threads are closed after 30 days of inactivity so that any information posted is current for the given issue.

Kudos0

Yes, have cloud vault.  Log in worked until recently.  Vault shows proper info, type in manually & doesn't change next logon is still blank.  Reported today, again, thread from 2017 never resolved.

Kudos0

Hello

Support for Wallet - Bank Account, Favorites are added in this release. Taken from

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v125566167_EndUserProfile_en_us

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.15.1.8 Core Firmware 267 I E 11
Kudos1 Stats

I'm also having this issue only with Chase.

Kudos0

Both of us have been using an outdated LOG-ON Bookmark. The "Remember my User ID" feature (feather was an auto correct from a typo, oops) doesn't work.  This one does work
with IE 11 & Win 7
https://secure07c.chase.com/web/auth/dashboard#/dashboard/index/index
The old one used to put the whole ID, the feature at this address only shows first and last two characters with stars in between. After this new address is used the save ID comes up in the old bookmarks until the browser has been cleared of temp data.

Here's the disclaimer that I mentioned, it only shows on logging out.

J

Kudos0

Cloud Vault?  Since when have users needed to create a Cloud Vault?  Was this that last patch that disabled the auto-fill?  22.12.1.14

Kudos0

Dale E C:

Cloud Vault?  Since when have users needed to create a Cloud Vault?  Was this that last patch that disabled the auto-fill?  22.12.1.14

The patch was to your Norton Security product. No changes were made to the browser extensions for ID Safe.

Kudos1 Stats

Cleared cache numerous times with IE and Chrome and it still does not work.

Kudos0

Cleared cookies & cache, relaunched browser, tried your link- https://secure07c.chase.com/web/auth/dashboard#/dashboard/index/index

Still Norton doesn't recognize or fill in.  Firefox- click on Identity Safe icon, shows Chase at top with my info in vault, so it is recognizing site, just still have to manually sign in.  Other websites, including other secure banking work fine.

No help from Norton.

Kudos0

Hello

Have you tried the new Norton Chrome Extension? Please see this Announcement on the top of the Board.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/norton-security-toolbar-201813222-chrome-0

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.15.1.8 Core Firmware 267 I E 11
Kudos0

Yes, Chrome extension has nothing to do with Identity Safe- that is a separate button.

Kudos0

Yes it's still a problem.  No word from Norton?

Kudos0

No word from Norton.  Messaged them on Facebook too, no reply.  My other bank sites work fine, even those with two page logins.  Chase still nothing.

Kudos0

I'm glad I'm not directly paying for this lack of Norton service. They used to be real good...
Kudos0

Hi All,

Sorry for the issue you are facing.

We are aware of this issue and we are working on the same.

Kudos0

You can use the below Fill Assistant feature from the new Identity Safe extension before the issue is resolved from our side -

Step 1 - Click on Norton Identity Safe Button from Chrome

Step 2 - Click the Settings Icon for the chase Login

Step 3 - Copy the user name and password -> Paste it under the respective controls in the inputs fields of the page

Kudos0

viveksu-

Your workaround is what I've been doing, however this issue was reported in 2017 and still no fix.

For me it just started recently, for others a year or more-

Kudos1 Stats

Chase Bank website will not allow Norton Identity Safe to file in ID and Password for login. I'm using Microsoft Edge, but the same issue is with Chrome. The login window is new, but the same for all logins. The old logon window popped up on Chrome and it worked to fill in for Chase. Why does the new window not work?

Kudos0

Suddenly today Identity Safe auto filled login for Chase.  Will see if it keeps working.

Kudos1 Stats

IE works half the time but still can't get it to autofill Chrome.

Kudos0

skiingj and Ron1

What are the versions of your Chrome browser and your ID Safe extensions? 

Kudos0

Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Norton Identity Safe 5.2.2.19

Thanks for the help!

Kudos0

Firefox 50.01, Norton Identity Safe 5.2.2.19.

As I mentioned it worked today once after not working for several weeks., have not tried it on Chrome or IE.

Kudos0

Ron1

Do you mean FF ver 59.01?

I was just wondering if an update to browser of the Norton ID Safe extension may have changed things for you.

Kudos1 Stats

Update:  Although Chase is filling in for me, I have to click in each field, add a character and delete.  If not Chase doesn't recognize that a user/password was entered.

Also for the last week I've had to login to ID Safe all the time.  Logins are asked in the browser, pop-up window and from the NIS app.  After about 3-4 logins it finally realizes I really have logged in.

Kudos0

Yes, FF  59.01.

Kudos0

Any update on a fix?  Chase is still not working in IE or Chrome.

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Hi Everyone,

We have released an update to Norton Identity Safe 5.2.4.2 extension for Chrome and Firefox browsers with auto fill fix for https://www.chase.com website. Please let us know if you are still facing auto fill issue with latest update. 

Also, Please refer Auto Acquisition & Auto Fill Issue - List of Fixed URLs for complete list. 

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Thank you- so far so good.

Kudos0

What about a fix for IE 11? Same issue.

Kudos0

Working in Chrome!  Thanks!!

Kudos0

The solution for Chrome and FF is great news, but what are doing to fix the same issue with MS Edge?

Kudos0

Only issue with update to Norton Identity Safe 5.2.4.2 extension for Firefox is that I'm getting warnings on Firefox that a script on Norton Identity Safe is SLOWING Firefox down- even when Identity Safe is not signed in- some tweaking to update needed.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.