• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Liveupdate - taking nearly 5 hrs to process

Hi, I did a quick scan and it went well. Then I started LU. The first 2 parts ie. checking n downloading were fast. But the 3rd part of processing is taking a very long time. That's was 5 hrs ago and it's still ongoing. I did not encounter any problem with LU last week. May I know what's happening and how to hurry it up. Thanks

Labels: LiveUpdate

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Liveupdate - taking nearly 5 hrs to process

@allycat 

You stated: "I did not encounter any problem with LU last week."

Are you saying you have not run a LU since last week?

If there is anything new to download via LU it should be running every hour.  Please go to Settings > Anti-virus > Updates Tab > ensure Automatic Live-Update is ON.

Kudos0

@yank This installation is on a standalone home pc. I don't turn it on very often. So I update manually whenever I turn it on. My last update was sometime last week.
Kudos0

If something is hanging on a LiveUpdate run for as long as you are seeing, it is probably not going to complete on its own. Just restart the computer and run LiveUpdate again. That  should clear things up.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thanks for the suggestion. The update just ended a short while ago. I'm now restarting the pc. I think the problem may be with win 10. It's taking ages to reboot. I've to troubleshoot further to see what's causing the problem. Tks anyway.
Kudos0

If Win 10 is taking ages to reboot, were there any messages about Windows being updated? You may have just run into coincidental timing of your LiveUpdate run and a Windows update being processed in the background.

Try your LiveUPdates again after the system comes back up.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hello

Please try turning off Fast Startup in Power Management.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 270 I E 11 Chrome latest one
Kudos0

No there weren't any update messages shown. Just the spinner on shutdien. And showing the blue square when starting up. Might be the last windows updates showing its tantrum now. Well, going to spend this afternoon troubleshooting it. Tks.
Kudos0

I think I've done it b4. Will check again this afternoon. Tks.
Kudos0

yank:

@allycat 

You stated: "I did not encounter any problem with LU last week."

Are you saying you have not run a LU since last week?

If there is anything new to download via LU it should be running every hour.  Please go to Settings > Anti-virus > Updates Tab > ensure Automatic Live-Update is ON.

They should set the option to set the automatic LiveUpdate check, e.g. every hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours. In order for the user to set himself, what time will be checked for updates.

Kudos0

alleycat:
... I think the problem may be with win 10. It's taking ages to reboot...

Hi alleycat:

If you haven't already done so, disable the Fast Startup power option described in peterweb's thread Windows 8/8.1 or 10 and Fast Start Feature and then re-boot your system a few times after this setting is disabled.  This Fast Startup feature (also called hybrid boot-up / hybrid shutdown) can interfere with product updates and loading of Norton services at boot-up and result in all sorts of odd glitches and unexpected behaviour on Win 8.x and Win 10 computers.  If you've disabled this power option before just confirm that it's still turned off, since Fast Startup can sometimes re-enable itself after a major Win 10 update like a Version change.

If that doesn't help let us know your Win 10 version and build (see the How-To Geek article How to Find Out Which Build and Version of Windows 10 You Have) and let us know if you have any other antivirus or security program that loads at boot-up and runs in real-time protection mode at the same time as Norton.
------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security Deluxe v22.15.1.8

Kudos0

Hi Imacri, My windows actually died after trying to restart. Tried to recover it with my recovery drive, but failed. Since my pc is quite old, I'm thinking of getting a new set. Meanwhile I'll just let the current pc be as it is. Thanks for all the advice.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.