I have a ticket number with support, but everyone I've spoken to says they fix it, but they don't and the following technician doesn't know what the problem is.
In May I was looking for a parental controls solution. I installed Norton Family on my child's phone and at the same time I created an account to test out the trial. The trial account I created was email@example.com. After using it for a few days, I realized that I have Family under my existing 360 subscription.
I reinstalled the app and set it up with my email which is tied to my 360 account (which is firstname.lastname@example.org). Everything is working for about a month and a half, until I stop receiving email and push notifications.
I contact support and was advised that the app needs to be reinstalled because 'critical files may be missing'... That's not a great answer, but yes, I suppose I'll try a reinstall when I can.
I reinstall the app, authenticated it with my 360 account (email@example.com) via the pin/QR code method, and it works.
Except I am now receiving email notifications to BOTH emails. I've tried to reset the password for the test/demo/trial account, but I never receive the link to log in with.
- I created firstname.lastname@example.org to test out the trial for Family
- I realized I have a subscription under the email email@example.com, so I reinstall the app and pair it with my 360 account
- The push and email notifications stop coming to my firstname.lastname@example.org domain
- I reinstall the app on my child's phone, and reauthenticate it to my 360 email@example.com account
- firstname.lastname@example.org doesn't seem to be a valid account, I can't log in or reset the password (I genuinely don't remember the password, but it was something easy I created on my phone), so I can't even turn off notifications
- How is it possible that if I used Norton Family under one account one one device, then later on another device, that the device is still registered under BOTH accounts??? I have spent around 4 hours on the phone with various reps (all under the same ticket) assuring me that this is 'fixed', until I receive another parental control notification.