• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Network Adapter disabled at boot

I have just installed NS over NIS and run LiveUpdate until no more updates available. Now every time I boot my WiFi adapter is disabled. Is this expected in the new NS or do I have a problem? The version of NS shows as 22.1.0.9 and is running on Windows 8.1 Pro x64, fully updated.

ASUS G750JX - Windows 10 Pro x64 1607 (14393.953) - NS 22.9.0.71 - Firefox 52.0 x64

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Network Adapter disabled at boot

Hello Alan

Have you turned off Fast Startup? Many programs need to have that turned off so that there is a complete shutdown and then a restart.  Some things in Norton get fixed by doing this. Perhaps this link may help you.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/windows-81-wifi-disabled-everytime/d52c452e-ee86-4b8c-b8bf-d5e6cc6a60f9

Please come back and let us know if this article helped you. It's a little old, but it may still help. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.19.8.65 Core Firmware 282 Chrome latest version.
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Yes, I have disabled "Fast Start", but up until now I have only restarted and not shutdown and started again since I installed NS. I have one change to the NS settings; I changed my network from Private to Fully Trusted, and now my WiFi adapter is no longer disabled.

So thanks for your help but I think we can close this one.

ASUS G750JX - Windows 10 Pro x64 1607 (14393.953) - NS 22.9.0.71 - Firefox 52.0 x64
Kudos0

Hello Alan

Glad to hear that your Adapter is working ok again. Could you please mark the post which solved your problem so that others will know that it is solved? Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.19.8.65 Core Firmware 282 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.