Norton Product Update 22.5 for Windows 10 Compatibility
[Update: NIS/NAV/N360 188.8.131.52 update available for all languages via Norton Update Center]
We are pleased to announce that a Windows 10 compatibility update is now available for Norton Products, updating the version to 184.108.40.206. The following products and versions will receive the Norton 22.5 update:
Norton Security v22
Norton Security with Backup v22
Norton Internet Security, Norton AntiVirus & Norton 360 v21
Norton Internet Security, Norton AntiVirus & Norton 360 v20
This update is available via LiveUpdate for Norton Security and Norton Security with Backup v22, and will be automatically downloaded and installed. If you wish to receive the update immediately, simply run LiveUpdate manually. For NIS/NAV/N360 versions 20 & 21, the update is available via Norton Update Center or through your product via About > Get Latest Version. This update is available for all languages.
As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner; see the below FAQs for details. A reboot will be required for all supported operating systems.
[Note: Microsoft has not yet released Windows 10 Operating System officially]
To verify you have received the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About:
The FAQs below answers some common questions:
- Why does my Norton Product look different?
Most likely, you have Norton Internet Security/Norton 360/Norton AntiVirus versions 20 or 21. These products have been updated to version 22.5, which includes Windows 10 compatibility, as well as some visual changes to the product. Not to worry; it's still the same great protection, while giving you the new look for Norton products.
See for more info Norton Support article : My Norton product looks different
- If I’m now running NIS/NAV/N360 v22.5, does this mean I’m actually running Norton Security/Norton Security with Backup?
No. You are still running NIS/NAV/N360, but the version has been updated. Additionally, the license agreement you agreed to when installing NIS/NAV/N360 still applies, e.g. “can be installed on up to 3 PCs”.
- What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 220.127.116.11. This update is currently available via LiveUpdate.
- When will I receive the patch?
As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry and forum feedback for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.
- How can I manually install these patches?
For Norton Security and Norton Security with Backup, run LiveUpdate manually to receive the update to 22.5. For NIS/NAV/N360 versions 20 & 21, the update is available via Norton Update Center or through your product via About > Get Latest Version.
- Earlier this month, I saw a lot of problems with 18.104.22.168. Did those problems get fixed?
Yes, the issues found in the release earlier this month have been fixed. These fixes include:
- "Trialware expired" message when launching Norton product after the update
- Norton product asks to reboot system after every reboot
- Norton product settings are changed when updating to 22.214.171.124
- What are the changes in this release?
Norton is committed to ensuring customers remain fully protected on the new Windows 10 operating system. This Norton 22.5 update not only comes with enhanced security features to combat ever-evolving threats, but also includes many performance optimizations to ensure your security software does not get in your way.
Norton protection includes benefits, features and layers of security that Windows Defender is missing. These include:
- Cloud-based management – a single portal for managing your security subscription as well as the software on each of your devices.
- Intrusion prevention system – monitors network traffic in order to block malicious attacks before they have a chance to introduce malware onto your system.
- Two-way firewall - prevents strangers from accessing your home network by blocking incoming traffic determined to be unsafe.
- Anti-spam – keeps your mailbox free of unwanted, dangerous, and fraudulent emails that can steal your identity.
- Support on multiple browsers – Our protection technologies keep you safe while providing you with flexibility to choose your own web browser.