• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Account question

Hi,

I don't see a forum specifically for Norton Account issues, so I'll ask here.

- Lately (past 3 days) getting a device list in a Norton Account doesn't run to completion; it stalls in Refreshing device list.

- How does one delete a Norton Account?

Thanks

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Norton Account question

Hello dbdan22

I'm sorry you have been having problems with your Norton Account. May I ask please why you want to delete your Norton Account? Are you still using any Norton products?

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I want to use a different email address, and make sure that the old email address is no longer used.

I see the "edit email" link on the account settings page, but unfortunately the new norton account under the new email address has already been created. So I'd like to delete the old norton account.

How do I do this?

Please private me. Thanks.

Kudos0

dbdan22:

I want to use a different email address, and make sure that the old email address is no longer used.

I see the "edit email" link on the account settings page, but unfortunately the new norton account under the new email address has already been created. So I'd like to delete the old norton account.

How do I do this?

Please private me. Thanks.

Please navigate to ...

https://login.norton.com/sso/embedded/update

... and make your changes as desired.

Be sure to finalize the change process by following the (new) Email verification procedure that you'll subsequently be prompted to do ...

Cheers!
John

Kudos0

I'm sorry, John, but I don't think you read my message carefully. The key phrase is this:

So you see at this point editing the email address on the old account does me no good. It would duplicate the email address on the new account. So I need to delete the old norton account.

How do I do that?

But thanks anyway.

Kudos0

Sorry - Yes I did overlook that you have created a second Norton account. Your best bet is to go through tech support who should be able to delete the old account - which shouldn't be a problem so long as there are no currently active Norton product licenses either referenced by, or registered to the old account...

And even if there is a currently active product registration referenced to the old account, they may be able to consolidate everything onto the new account...  Note though, that in this case there may be some added proof of product ownership "hoops and loops" that you'll be required to endure...

Support can be contacted by using the following link:

www.norton.com/chat

Cheers!
John

Kudos0

Hello dbdan22

If chat doesn't accomplish what you want done, then please let me know. I can then contact someone who should be able to do it.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi,

Thank you for your replies, and especially for the direct link to the account settings page. I think I'm going to create a throwaway email address and edit the old norton account to use it. At some point I'd guess the servers will notice the account is not being used and delete it. If that's a problem then maybe the developers should add a "delete account" function. But I'm certainly not going to spend my time in chat for this.

Thanks again.

Kudos0

dbdan22:

Hi,

I don't see a forum specifically for Norton Account issues, so I'll ask here.

- Lately (past 3 days) getting a device list in a Norton Account doesn't run to completion; it stalls in Refreshing device list.

- How does one delete a Norton Account?

Thanks

Just be aware that your product's current activation status and its confirmed licensing authenticity is tied to the Norton Account "credential" on which it was initially activated - and that because of this, successfully conveying that "root authority" to a different Norton Account (credential) will require the services of an authorized Norton technician in order to preserve/retain the product's activation/viability relationship with the Norton servers.

Cheers!
John

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.