• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Internet Security is causing a blue screen of death

I downloaded Norton Internet Security onto my laptop from my internet service provider Comcast.  My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium.  If I stop using my laptop, after about 5 or 10 minutes it will crash and give me the BSOD.  It does not crash while I am working on my laptop.  Finally I tried uninstalling Norton and it stopped crashing.  Then I reinstalled Norton and the problem began all over again.   So I have again uninstalled it and my laptop is not crashing.  It is also running quicker. 

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Norton Internet Security is causing a blue screen of death

What anti-virus were you using before Norton and how was it removed?

What other security programs are installed, if any?

Windows 10 x64 1909
Kudos0

Hi Gavine555,

Just curious if you are a Comcast Business Class Customer or a Residential Customer, as the offering of Norton products are different.  Business = Norton Internet Security Online while Residential = Norton Security Suite.

Regardless, the removal of any other AV (including the running of that product's "clean-up tool" is necessary prior to installing a Norton Product. 

Kudos0

I am a Comcast residential customer.  The only anti-virus software that I have had on my PC is the Norton product from Comcast.  It worked fine initially but the crashes started after one of the updates.  The only other malware program I have on my laptop is MalwareBytes but it is not actively monitoring my laptop - I have to initiate running it.  I do so periodically because it always finds things not identified by Norton 

Kudos0

Hi gavine555,

Thanks for the feedback.  Using the Free version of MBAM (without the trial enabled) should not cause your problem.  I run the free version of MBAM as an "on demand scanner" from time to time myself.

I'm going to send you over to the Comcast Forum with the following link to provide you with instructions to hopefully correct your situation as it sounds like your installation of Norton Security Suite may be corrupted.

http://forums.comcast.net/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/How-To-Uninstall-Reinstall-Norton-Security-Suite-after-a-problem/m-p/870735#U870735

For your info and others following this thread, I am suggesting a clean install in lieu of running the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool s there has been repeated failures of the tool located the current Norton installation when applied to the Comcast version.

Please let us know how things go.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.