• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Forgotten Passwords

I forgot my password to the Norton Vault. Norton requires at least two PWs which by itself is confusing. The hint did not work, although I knew the associated PW that the hint "hinted." To my dismay and horror, I discovered that the only way to reset the PW was to delete the vault and start over again. I object to this. There should be a way to reset the vault PW. A lot of unnecessary work is now mandated. Also, the autofill doesn't always work and there is no easy way to retrieve information and manually enter it. In other words, I then have to go to my physical "real" wallet and pull out information... The early versions of the vault worked better than the more recent versions. I'm not very happy. I need a solution!

Respuestas

Kudos2 Stats

Re: Forgotten Passwords

Have you made a backup of your logins? If you are using an online vault you can check your Documents folder. Look  for a folder called Norton Identity Safe Backups. In there you should see a folder with your email address. Inside that folder will be backups of your vault.

If you have these backups, or any backups you have taken yourself, you can go ahead and delete your vault and start over. Create a new vault and then import the last backup you found above.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Re: Forgotten Passwords

Export Vault:

You can back up the Identity Safe data in .DAT or .CSV file formats.

You can select one of the following:

• Identity Safe Backup Format - DAT File

• Plain text - CSV file (Logins & Notes only)

Symantec recommends that you back up all of your Identity Safe data periodically. When you export your data, provide password to keep your Identity Safe data from being misused.

Automatic Backup:

Your vault is backed up automatically and stored locally in your device. To disable automatic backup, uncheck Enable automatic backups. By default, this option is enabled.

The backed-up vault files are stored in the following system location: Users\<User Name>\My Documents\Norton Identity Safe Backups\<Norton account name>.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v6059559_ns_r...?

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.