• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

BrowserModifier:Win32/supTab!blnk

Guten Tag

ich habe mir diesen Trojaner eingefangen und Norton findet Ihn nicht.

Kahn mir Jemand helfen Danke

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: BrowserModifier:Win32/supTab!blnk

I've scanned my pc with Norton, Trend micro, Fprot on line, maleware bytes but with no one of this softwares I've found virus.

Only Windows defender give alert.

Can you help me please?

Kudos0

Andreas1952:

Guten Tag
ich habe mir diesen Trojaner eingefangen und Norton findet Ihn nicht.
Kahn mir Jemand helfen Danke

Good day
I've caught this trojan and Norton can not find it.
Kahn me someone help Thanks

> what program reports trojan.
Chat with Official Norton Support  ask for VPP team > Norton experts who can work with you to diagnose and remove viruses. What is Norton Virus Protection Promise.  Post back progress.

Kudos0

alberto monticelli:

I've scanned my pc with Norton, Trend micro, Fprot on line, maleware bytes but with no one of this softwares I've found virus.
Only Windows defender give alert.
Can you help me please?

> are you running resident Windows Defender / MSE + Norton or did you scan with standalone Windows Defender Offline.
Chat with Official Norton Support  ask for VPP team > Norton experts who can work with you to diagnose and remove viruses. What is Norton Virus Protection Promise.  Post back progress.

Kudos0

Windows Defender stand alone, I've never installed MSE on my PC running WIN7 PRO 64. My only resident antivirus since 2014 is Norton.

in attach alert of win defender.

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

alberto monticelli: Only Windows defender give alert.  Windows Defender stand alone, [..].

https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?name=BrowserModifier%3AWin32%2FSupTab!blnk&threatid=233713&enterprise=0 

MalwareTips read: #
BrowserModifier:Win32/SupTab is a heuristic detection (from Windows Defender) designed to generically detect a Potentially Unwanted Program. A potentially unwanted application is a program that contains adware, installs toolbars or has other unclear objectives.

When infected with BrowserModifier:Win32/SupTab the common symptoms include:

• Advertising banners are injected with the web pages that you are visiting.
  • Random web page text is turned into hyperlinks.
  • Browser popups appear which recommend fake updates or other software.
  • Other unwanted adware programs might get installed without the user’s knowledge.

Kudos0

Win defender removes "virus" but in few seconds another identical alert is dispayed...

On my machine no one of the symptoms above is shown

Kudos0

alberto monticelli:  Win defender removes "virus" but in few seconds another identical alert is displayed... On my machine no one of the symptoms above is shown

Windows Defender stand alone "virus removal" appears not satisfied.  
Maybe, false positive.
Maybe, machine restart needed.
https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?name=BrowserModifier%3AWin32%2FSupTab!blnk&threatid=233713&enterprise=0
I'm not familiar with Windows Defender stand alone.  Norton Community does not participate in malware remediation.  Do you suspect infection.

>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com > Am-I-Infected-What-Do-I-Do ---
Experts at BleepingComputer do their best to repair your system. Resist self fixes and using computer as normal until system is declared clean.  Read BleepingComputer Welcome Guide to learn how to use BC free community.

>> What is Norton Virus Protection Promise? --- 
Post back progress.

Kudos0

you think it's necessary run Norton power eraser?

Thanks

Kudos0

alberto monticelli:  you think it's necessary run Norton power eraser?

> you may run NPE, just do not act on NPE report. 
> since no symptoms and Norton + other scans report clean.
> maybe, you want to run Norton scan in Safe-Mode w Networking.
> you'll need to pursue detection with Microsoft.
Maybe, ask how to report Windows Defender Offline false-positive.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Maybe, Windows Defender Offline, BrowserModifier:Win32/supTab!blnk detection is true-positive.
Maybe, bring your concern to BC.
>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com > Am-I-Infected-What-Do-I-Do  ---
Experts at BleepingComputer do their best to repair your system. Resist self fixes and using computer as normal until system is declared clean.  Read BleepingComputer Welcome Guide to learn how to use BC free community.

Post back progress. 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.