• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

norton core router

when is the norton core router expected to be available to uk customers and what will the approximate cost be?

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: norton core router

With the new product being rolled out in the US only to start, I highly doubt you will get an answer to that question. 

Many things have to be monitored before expansion can be considered. Are there problems with the device or software, are people actually buying it, do export rules allow sales outside US and where. Until these types of questions are answered, even Norton would not know what kind of timeline they can post.

And they would not want to promise a specific time line, and then not be able to deliver. That makes customers more upset than just not knowing.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

thanks for the reply, I wasn't looking for an exact date just a rough guide which would not be expected to be legally binding. the only reason I was enquiring was that I wanted to change my router and if this was a likely option in the next 6 months I would wait for its release on the wider market , if it is likely to be longer than that I would look elsewhere .

Kudos0

As the actual product release is going to be this summer, I would suggest that any expansion will probably be longer than 6 months. 

But wait to see what @Gayathri_R has to say. She may be able to say more than I think she can.

Kudos0

Scoobie

As to the price, when I lived in the UK, up until 1994, we used to apply what was referred to as the "white goods" exchange rate to convert $ prices to UK £ .... £1 = $1 even if the exchange rate back then was £1 = $2.4 ... So called because if you looked at prices for washing machines, cookers etc (even automobiles) it worked out that you could just change the currency sign. Certainly applied to software and computer accessories that I used to get!

Not surprising with sales tax in the UK >15% ...

Have a look at current prices for Norton Software here in the USA and in the UK and see if that still applies?

Hugh
Kudos0

i see where you are coming from, however it looks like the  timescale is going to be unpractical. I have been a Norton customer for many years now and really value the peace of mind that I get from their products but it looks like the core router is the direction things are going. there are a few similar products out there from other providers and I feel a divorce coming on( myself and Norton, not myself and "she who must be obeyed")

Kudos0

Just my opinion.

The Norton Core product continues Norton's value of 'Set it and Forget it' protection for users that may not have the tech skills to properly protect their systems. And this is becoming more important with the IOT. Who knew your fridge could be attacked?  So if a user is in the market for a new router, this is a great solution.

If you have a properly configured router, ie strong WPA2 password, changed the user password for the interface, properly configured ports, your IOT devices should still be safe from attack. Then you can keep the Norton Security product for your home devices and have pretty much the same protection Core will provide you.

If there is some other pressing need for you to replace your router, you may not be able to wait for the expanded distribution. But if your current setup is secured, you may still be able to wait out any delay in distribution.

Kudos0

i really appreciate all the replies and I am currently pretty well secured but have recently installed an ip security camera but would feel safer viewing it online with the most up to date protection in place. I know that ip cameras connected through routers are a favourite unauthorized access point.

Kudos0

Here is some useful info on protecting IP cameras.

http://www.securitysales.com/article/3_easy_steps_to_protect_ip_cameras_...

I'm not sure even the Core type devices will protect you if you have not changed password and username on the individual devices. 

Kudos0

as I said I have done all I can so far , I do however think that the idea of having traffic analysed as it comes in is a safer option than scanning it after. I appreciate the link and will digest the information carefully

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.