• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Core Security Plus Backup

Hello,

Does Norton Core Security Plus come with backup?  It seems to install "Norton Security w/Backup" but the backup portion doesn't work.  Someone posted in another thread that it was the same as Norton Security Premium which does come with backup; however, when I go to activate\log into backup I get login errors.  I chatted with support and the lady said it does not come with backup.

So does it or does it not come with backup?

File Attachment: 

Respuestas

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Norton Core Security Plus Backup

From your first image, it does come with the backup feature.

Your image also shows you are probably logged into Windows with a standard user account. With the Norton products with backup, you need to log into a Windows admin user account to set up the backup sets and schedules. Once the backup is set up, you can use a standard Windows account to start a backup, but you cannot make any changes.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

My PC account is a local admin account. It seems to fail when it tries to authenticate my account.

Kudos0

I just looked at your images again. The second image seems to show you are trying to log into Norton Online Backup. How did you get there?

You should only need to set up the Norton product on your computer. Click on the Backup from the main Norton screen. Then on Backup Sets. Then you should be able to set up the backup. When you choose the Secure Online backup in the Where tab, you will be asked to sign into your Norton Account.

Kudos0

Right that is where it fails though. I go to choose "Secure Online backup" and I put in my login info.  It looks like it is trying to authenticate my account, then it closes back out to the Choose destination screen.  It does that every time.

Kudos0

I would try support again. This Core product subscription is still new, and all agents may not have the proper information yet. 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.