• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Looking to buy but have a few questions, secure traffic and filtering

I'm looking to buy Norton Core but have a few questions.

The first question is that I assume this will be able to protect and filter secure traffic (https/SSL/TLS), is that correct?  Will we have to install a security certificate on our devices?

The second question is about filtering website categories.  Will we be able to block certain website categories or sites for all devices on the network without creating users?  For example can I block all websites that may be in the Advertising category system wide for all devices that connect to my network?

Thanks,

Brent

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Looking to buy but have a few questions, secure traffic and filtering

There is a Core FAQ page at   http://support.norton.com/core  Check the Top FAQ  and Configuration tabs. 

I'm not sure about your first question, but remember you will also be using the Norton Security product on your devices. That should cover your needs.

For your second question, on the Configuration tab in the above FAQs check the section

If you still have questions, post back and we will get some help with the questions.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Just having the "Norton Security product" you say on a device will not necessarily cover the needs of protecting and filtering secure connections since remember a "Norton Security product" can not be installed on all devices connected to the network.  I want it blocked at the Norton Core router before it ever gets to my device.  Also if you have a device that can't run "Norton Security product" like an Xbox, Windows 10 Mobile phone or a smart appliance then the Norton Core product is not much of use to protect a persons network then if it can't scan and filter secure connections with having to rely on the assistance of another Norton product installed on the device.

The FAQ you referenced (How do I block a specific website or category?) does not answer my specific question regarding website category filtering. That FAQ tells you how to bock something for a user.  My question was if you could block a category for all devices connected to the network with out creating users.  I also had already read that FAQ and all the others that I could find on the site which is why I asked my question about it since the info on Norton website does not address my specific question.

Kudos0

I have not seen any manuals on the device yet, so I am not able to answer any questions not included in the FAQs. I had no idea that you had already read all those, and that is why I suggested the information I did.. Maybe you will be able to just run with a default user, if you are not planning to set it up for individuals.

I'll let Norton Employee @Gayathri_R  try to help you further.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.