• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Core - Forget device

I called support several times for this, and no one can give me an answer, How can I forget a device from Norton Core?
I got visited from a couple of family members last week, and now they are gone, and I have eight devices that I want to delete or forget them from my device, and I am not able to find a way to do so.

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Norton Core - Forget device

Hi @ED7779,

In the private message, you had mentioned you don't want to block or remove device. Although we don't have an option to do this manually, the device will be automatically "forgotten" if the device is not connected to the network for a certain period of time. I will however let the team know about this request, so we can consider including this option for a future release. Thanks. 

-Gayathri

Gayathri R | Norton Forums Global Community Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos1 Stats

Hi Gatahri,

how long does it take to forget the device? and if a device is block does is forget it as well?

Kudos1 Stats

Gayathri, how long is that period of time before they’re forgotten? It would have been nice if you’d stated how long that time period is: a week, month? Having the option to either adjust that time period in the app or manually remove those devices in the app would be greatly appreciated.
Kudos1 Stats

Hi Gayathri,

Same question as the OP...

How long before unused/non-connected devices are dropped?

And wouldn't it be better if this function was under manual (administrative) control anyway? e.g., I have a specialized 3D printer that only gets used about every other month or so - and the rest of the time it stays powered off... I suppose it too will automatically be dropped off the Core's "allowed devices" pool - and then either I or another admin will have to re-authorize it before it can be used?

Thanks,

John

Kudos1 Stats

Hi folks. Devices are "dropped" after 30 days on the “Previously on your Network” list. Also, note that devices on the blocked device list do not follow those same rules. They don't get "dropped". If they did, we would end up not being able to ever put those devices back on the network. Thanks.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Hi Tony, how can I get devices on the blocked list to be accepted? Also our Alexa devices will not connect. Finally where do I find this "Previously on your network" list? Thanks.

Kudos0

ED7779 I'm not even close to expert, but in the future, may I suggest creating a guest network for your guests & that dies automatically after time! Experts, correct me if I'm wrong!

Jim The Greek
Kudos0

Hi Skoutariots, do you have a Norton Core? Just a FYI my guest where connected to the guest network.
Kudos0

Yes I do. If they were it tells you how much time is left.
Jim The Greek

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.