• Todas las Comunidades
    • Todas las Comunidades
    • Foros
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Avanzado

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Core Router has No WPS nor Add Device Function?

Just shocking revelation that I have encountered, that something as promising as this Norton Core Router, it seems has NO "WPS" Function within the On-Device interface,  NOR even in the Norton Core App, NO "Add a Device" to network, as the Router Interface is only provided in a Mobile Form Access Point, this is really oddball, and frankly backwards in functions from the norm. They claim its for security..? , or just lazy in design. But in some instances, it is just a real pain to have to pluck in a healthy long and complex Network key MANUALLY when WPS works so well, why would they eliminate this prime option that EVERY ROUTER POSSESSES...? How to add a device....good luck!

As well, Norton Security Core Plus Software Subscriptions, which are Advertised within the Literature of the Initial Purchase of the Norton Core Router.... claim to be "Unlimited" are not...! It is, seemingly a bait and switch tactic such as a T-Mobile Unlimited Data (Not) Fallacy, Then upon submitting payment for the Router, they claim 12 subscriptions, but then, in my instance. it only allows 5 devices even when it was already installed on devices>..?? As such.. this is suspicious as well...really odd. Nobody in support has a clue of anything...Hmmmm??

AND...one more thing, Norton Core Router does not like Wi-Fi Access Points working with it. It will put up Warnings saying it is not Happy Sharing Routing with other Devices, disconnect this device...? This lite 8 inch ball of nothing will not put out enough signal to reach an upstairs, or many walled stucture, as what we call a House...?? This is just my experience which is really ending sadly I suspect...Good Luck..!

Respuestas

Kudos0

Re: Norton Core Router has No WPS nor Add Device Function?

I think as you read the rest of the postings on this board - you'll a lot has been said about the very same issues you're having. 

Kudos2 Stats

WPS is convenient, but it is a huge security risk and is therefore not supported by Norton Core.  Let's face it, this router is designed to be consumer-friendly and to provide security for all devices, including IoT devices like TVs and thermostats.  If WPS were included, many uninformed users would never disable it, leaving their networks vulnerable.

See the following for adding a device to your network:

Add devices to your Norton Core secure network

Kudos1 Stats

As well, Norton Security Core Plus Software Subscriptions, which are Advertised within the Literature of the Initial Purchase of the Norton Core Router.... claim to be "Unlimited" are not...! It is, seemingly a bait and switch tactic such as a T-Mobile Unlimited Data (Not) Fallacy, Then upon submitting payment for the Router, they claim 12 subscriptions, but then, in my instance. it only allows 5 devices even when it was already installed on devices>..?? As such.. this is suspicious as well...really odd. Nobody in support has a clue of anything...Hmmmm??

The Core Plus subscription is for unlimited devices. If you seem to be limited to 5 devices, it sounds like you are still on an older Norton Security Deluxe subscription. Once you pay for the Core, you should be able to download the newer Norton Security Core Plus software that should have the unlimited devices.

Have you activated your Core yet?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.